Spoilers For Wednesday July 20th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Wednesday July 20th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, now that the Deeks is a fully-fledged member of the apte-c4c community, maybe we should start wondering how close he could get to toppling Graeme off the #1 spot, assuming he wins today and tomorrow of course. :D

Mark is currently on 596 points, meaning that he needs 218 points to knock Graeme off his perch. Can he make some considerable headway today though :?:

Join me later for the Robinson Recap to find out. ;) :) :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Wednesday July 20th 2011

Post by Matt Morrison »

Fucking love Deeks. Think that's the best contestant intro I've ever seen/heard.

A part of me would love to be as non-plussed and cool as Deeks when I go on but I'll know I'll be a jibbering wreck of smiles and excitement.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

ESTIMATOR as a beater in the AMORTISE round
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

OOMPH but it might have been mentioned
cheers maus
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Thomas Carey wrote:OOMPH but it might have been mentioned
Also POOVE in that round
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

MUTINEERS! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edit: Made it bigger. It's not often I get a 9 that fails the studio!
cheers maus
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

2nd numbers:
50+9=59
*10=590
6/6=1
1+1=2
590-2=588
cheers maus
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:Fucking love Deeks. Think that's the best contestant intro I've ever seen/heard.

A part of me would love to be as non-plussed and cool as Deeks when I go on but I'll know I'll be a jibbering wreck of smiles and excitement.
I am eagerly awaiting 4:10pm when I can watch it on 4+1. This best be worthy of the hype.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

3rdnumbers:

50+5=55
55-2=53
53*10=530
6-5=1
530-1=529
cheers maus
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Matt Morrison wrote:Fucking love Deeks. Think that's the best contestant intro I've ever seen/heard.

This
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

ESTIMATOR
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:ESTIMATOR as a beater in the AMORTISE round
I am watching this on plus 1, D'OH
Joyce Phillips
Acolyte

Post by Joyce Phillips »

Mark is one of my favourite contestants ever. He's just so cool and I love his deadpan humour.
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Agreed. Very Jack Dee - could just imagine Mark reading out the intros at the start of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, absolutely deadpan.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Well played again Mark. Very possibly the next member of the 800 club, so you're after at least 102 points tomorrow. (But preferably not more than 115. :))

That said, what if Mark wins with 115 tomorrow, so we both have 813 points? The wiki claims that "players with the same number of wins and points are sorted by highest score", but I'm not sure that's right. When this last happened in Series 60, Jimmy Gough had the highest individual score but Cate Henderson was the higher seed. Digging a bit further, it seems they used number of conundrums solved, not highest individual score. Is there any reason to think they don't still do this?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Sorry for shit answer Graeme but fairly sure if you searched the forum you'd find all the answers, this has been discussed aplenty before, possibly even with Damian's confirmational input at one point.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Graeme Cole wrote:Well played again Mark. Very possibly the next member of the 800 club, so you're after at least 102 points tomorrow. (But preferably not more than 115. :))

That said, what if Mark wins with 115 tomorrow, so we both have 813 points? The wiki claims that "players with the same number of wins and points are sorted by highest score", but I'm not sure that's right. When this last happened in Series 60, Jimmy Gough had the highest individual score but Cate Henderson was the higher seed. Digging a bit further, it seems they used number of conundrums solved, not highest individual score. Is there any reason to think they don't still do this?
Look up Series 46 ;-)
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Matt Morrison wrote:Sorry for shit answer Graeme but fairly sure if you searched the forum you'd find all the answers, this has been discussed aplenty before, possibly even with Damian's confirmational input at one point.
I looked around yesterday and could only find this and this, but I've had another look and found this. So it looks to me like the wiki's got it wrong and they use the number of conundrums solved.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Graeme Cole wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Sorry for shit answer Graeme but fairly sure if you searched the forum you'd find all the answers, this has been discussed aplenty before, possibly even with Damian's confirmational input at one point.
I looked around yesterday and could only find this and this, but I've had another look and found this. So it looks to me like the wiki's got it wrong and they use the number of conundrums solved.
I think it is wrong, and I remember thinking that before. Unfortunately it says "Since Series 39, players are sorted by number of wins then by number of points. Points from both wins and losses count. Points from sudden death conundrums aren't counted, and players with the same number of wins and points are sorted by highest score." on all the series pages so they would presumably have to be changed manually. Although having said that we don't know when it changed (somewhere from 47-60) or if it actually changed back immediately after series 60 without anyone knowing, or indeed whether they make it up on the spot in the absence of an offical rule.
What a cunt.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
What a cunt.
You'll never get allowed on the show if you talk like that.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
What a cunt.
You'll never get allowed on the show if you talk like that.
Yeah, bad language really pisses them off.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."