Spoilers for Friday, 30th May

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Spoilers for Friday, 30th May

Post by Joseph Bolas »

If Jonathan wins today then JaCu may be knocked off the seed list, so the very best of luck to the challenger :lol:.
Last edited by Joseph Bolas on Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Spoilers for Friday, 30th May

Post by Michael Wallace »

1st numbers alternative (since they seem all the rage these days):

100-(2x7) = 86
86x10 = 860
860-6-3 = 851
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

SHITAKE as an equaller (yuck)
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Maximum is zero on the last numbers, 15 away is the closest according to crossword tools.

Martin.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Martin Gardner wrote:Maximum is zero on the last numbers, 15 away is the closest according to crossword tools.

Martin.
I thought that might've been solveable. It was a good choice though by Simon as it made no difference to the score and it went to a crucial conundrum, so Simon still had a shot of beating Jonathan.

Well done to Jonathan though for getting IMPUDENCE :).
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Post by Richard Brittain »

Jonathan hasn't quite lived up to the promise he showed in his first game; after his initial 124, it's now looking unlikely that he will even make 800. Spots some good words, but has a definite weakness on the numbers, so I can't see him mounting a serious title challenge. Could make the final, but would certainly be slaughtered by DOD.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Well today's game was a very good game, often when you get two good players you end up with neither of them getting a very good score because they beat each other in some rounds, and of course a maximum of zero in round 14. So I thought it was of good quality and nearly all of the maxes were found by one of the two. I think he could progress to be an Octochamp but we've already seen players lose in this situation. From the looks of his first game it looked like he was gonna get 800, now it looks more like 760, assuming he wins eight.

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Martin Gardner wrote:Well today's game was a very good game, often when you get two good players you end up with neither of them getting a very good score because they beat each other in some rounds, and of course a maximum of zero in round 14. So I thought it was of good quality and nearly all of the maxes were found by one of the two. I think he could progress to be an Octochamp but we've already seen players lose in this situation. From the looks of his first game it looked like he was gonna get 800, now it looks more like 760, assuming he wins eight.

Martin
It was a good back-and-forth game where the lead changed a few times IIRC, but I think Jonathan will become an Octochamp.
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

:D
Last edited by JasonCullen on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Post by Richard Brittain »

Well, I'm saying that he is one of the best players in the series. But 'slaughter' was probably a strong word, I think David O'Donnell would beat him.