Spoilers for Monday 28th January 2008.

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Conor
Series 54 Champion

Spoilers for Monday 28th January 2008.

Post by Conor »

Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Monday 28th January 2008.

Post by Craig Beevers »

Missed the first part...

Would be cool if some pioneering sort would do a recap on the forum round by round while the show is being aired.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

RUTILANT for 8. I thought that was what you were going to risk David.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

HENNAED.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

URACIL.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I didn't spot any beaters, but I did get OVERDOES and I solved the 3rd numbers by doing (9 x 9) + ((7 + 5) x 3). I missed the 1st numbers though because I made the 125 incorrectly and got the same as David on the 2nd numbers.
Ben Pugh
Enthusiast

Post by Ben Pugh »

Conor wrote:URACIL.
There was also RADIUM in that round.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

RADIUM as a beater in round 12 and I also got HENNAED in round 8. SENORAS is a nice 7 in round 2. I got the 2nd numbers in the time, differently to the youngster:

(10+1)x 6 x(8+3) = 726 and add 1.

SHARPIE is a nice word in round 13 amongst SHARPER etc. Oh, and CLAIM came out in order in round 12 yet both players offered something different: AURIC and LUCID. Did they miss the obvious?

Kirk
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Kirk Bevins wrote:CLAIM came out in order in round 12 yet both players offered something different: AURIC and LUCID. Did they miss the obvious?
Kirk
They may have seen it, but I think they tried to not focus on that and see if anything else stood out.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Can someone break the suspense and reassure me that DO'D won again?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Oh, the recap's up already. Cancel that.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I am a little bit surprised that the conundrum went unsolved. I would've had the conundrum as WHOREMONE myself.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Yeah, it was a tricky conundrum, it took me about 15 seconds. I thought WHOREMEN at first.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Yes well done again David, another top performance. Nobody's run you close yet! Unless I remember it wrongly, in the round where you got HANGED, didn't you say "I'll stick with a six"... was it HENNAED that you were thinking of trying in that round?

Anyway I'm really proud of myself for getting all three numbers games! Woo hoo! I know for the likes of Kirk, Craig B, Jono etc. they were probably dead easy, but for me it's a big deal (though I hasten to add, I was of course in my armchair at home, I v much doubt I would have got them under the studio lights...). On the letters I only missed NINETIES and HENNAED, so not bad all in all.

I'm still loving Alison!! "I said I could do this when I applied" (coupled with cheeky grin as she flicks through dictionary)... how can they consider getting rid of her for ever when Susie gets back?! Can we start a petition to keep her on the show? Incidentally, she was 'auditioning' - if that's the right word - to be in DC at the same time as I was recording my initial run, I remember her saying "well done" to me in the YTV corridors (ok possibly it might have been one of the other ladies auditioning to be in DC at the same time... but I'll pretend it was definitely Alison because that sounds better!)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Contrastingly I only matched the challenger yesterday bar spotting UPDATES, but I got the conundrum straight away. Though I once worked a week in one of those monstrous call centres so words like HOMEOWNER just jump out at you I suppose!
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

I must type that you have gone rather easy on me for what was a not-so-good performance. I had HENNAED and URACIL and didn't risk them. I can't believe I risked TRAINFUL^ that was just DIRE!!! I cannot believe we all missed RADIUM, I can assure you that the other contestants were almost screaming that word at us. As for RUTILANT, never heard of it!

In my defence though I felt awful throughout that game. I had this unnerving surreal feeling and I couldn't shake the cameras off or the studio audience. It was the first game after lunch and although I had a light lunch (half a sandwich - not like me) I had a real sense of ennui.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Post by Martin Smith »

I'm annoyed with myself for not getting the first numbers game, but otherwise I feel like I did myself justice. Nearly risked 'parisher' in the last letters round, which would have been silly as I needed a 9 to still have a chance. David's a Green Party member, which is how he knew 'ecotone'.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Bugger! You've ruined what little credibility I had on this site.

PS Hi, by the way.

PPS My family were getting at me because they said you were making expressions like I was torturing you during our game.

PPPS Looks like our match is my closest encounter thus far, do you think that will change tomorrow?