Spoilers for Monday 15th March 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

D Eadie
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Monday 15th March 2010

Post by D Eadie »

I understood the gist of your post Ciaran.
:)
I don't know if there will be future specials, but if there are then the odd twist here and there is possible, but it has to be very mild. We can't rebuild parts of the set etc to make it hold 12 letters or make radical changes. As for anathema, nice word for sure, just looked out of place in your post. I have no issues with admitting i didn't know what it meant, am sure i wasn't the only one either. Sometimes its nice to scour the posts without the need for a dictionary though.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Ian Dent wrote:Don't think Kevin will win today, as good as he's been so far.
I've only seen as far as last Tuesday's game. You big spoilerer. I'm tellin my mam.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Great show by the way lads. Really enjoyed it. Numbers were a great idea. Nice to see both players caught out with the 8x37 as a result (would have been a kick in the tits had one of ye got it). I guess you're probably mainly annoyed you missed DEEMING Chris. Is there a record for most conundrums spotted by an audience member? Who's winning.. Dinos or Kirk?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Notably I've earned more audience conundrum solves than I did when competing on the show :o
Kevin Davis
Acolyte

Post by Kevin Davis »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Notably I've earned more audience conundrum solves than I did when competing on the show :o
You just want that tree full of mugs, don't you?
Oh, cackwires!
tomrowell
Acolyte

Post by tomrowell »

Kevin Davis wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:Notably I've earned more audience conundrum solves than I did when competing on the show :o
You just want that tree full of mugs, don't you?
He's got so many he gave this one away ;)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Is that Mark Tournoff at the top of this thread?
Ciaran Thompson
Rookie

Post by Ciaran Thompson »

D Eadie wrote:I understood the gist of your post Ciaran.
:)
I don't know if there will be future specials, but if there are then the odd twist here and there is possible, but it has to be very mild. We can't rebuild parts of the set etc to make it hold 12 letters or make radical changes. As for anathema, nice word for sure, just looked out of place in your post. I have no issues with admitting i didn't know what it meant, am sure i wasn't the only one either. Sometimes its nice to scour the posts without the need for a dictionary though.
Yes, c what u mean about anathema lol. Well I hope there will be more specials. Having them certainly spices things up. The first 1 was v good with the 2 great champions. Its nice to make the twist on the numbers, because I think its a good thing to put more emphasis on the numbers than there already is. You mentioned a numbers game special last year too, but obv. not part of this years set of specials. I hope it happens in the future tho, (esp in light of the maths crisis lol). It would certainly make me happy (and Rachel too, phaps not Susie tho) lol! :D