Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by James Robinson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Yet again, the week is reaching it's natural end, but we do have the possibility of having a second octochamp of the series within a few days. Raheel has made it to 5 wins, despite his best attempts to throw the game away at the beginning and end of yesterday's show.

Still can't get over the 3 max in round 2 yesterday :!: :shock: :o As Jeff would undoubtedly say, "UNBELIEVABLE!"

Is our the champion the "Raheel deal", or is he going to be "Mirza-ed" by today's challenger :?:
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 am
Location: London

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Michael Wallace » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 pm

James Robinson wrote:Is our the champion the "Raheel deal", or is he going to be "Mirza-ed" by today's challenger :?:
Raheel deal, excellent. Mirza-ed I'm not getting, and I hate not getting puns, explain plz?

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by James Robinson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Michael Wallace wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Is our the champion the "Raheel deal", or is he going to be "Mirza-ed" by today's challenger :?:
Raheel deal, excellent. Mirza-ed I'm not getting, and I hate not getting puns, explain plz?
It sounds a bit like "murdered", obviously we all hope he doesn't really get murdered, but he could be "murdered" of sorts on the show today.
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
Posts: 4923
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Kirk Bevins » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:12 pm

James Robinson wrote: It sounds a bit like "murdered"
wtf? No it doesn't. I liked Raheel-deal though. Quit while you're ahead, James.

Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion
Posts: 2707
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Sheffield

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Dinos Sfyris » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:14 pm

James Robinson wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Is our the champion the "Raheel deal", or is he going to be "Mirza-ed" by today's challenger :?:
Raheel deal, excellent. Mirza-ed I'm not getting, and I hate not getting puns, explain plz?
It sounds a bit like "murdered", obviously we all hope he doesn't really get murdered, but he could be "murdered" of sorts on the show today.
HAHA I like it. Sounds like Aleksandr the Meerkat saying murdered :)

I wonder what lies at the end of today's show. Raheel or no Raheel? ;)

Sorry that was terrible!

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by James Robinson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Kirk Bevins wrote:
James Robinson wrote: It sounds a bit like "murdered"
wtf? No it doesn't. I liked Raheel-deal though. Quit while you're ahead, James.
I admit it's not the best, but it could've been a whole lot worse.

If anything, you should also thank Marc, since I pinched "Raheel deal" from something he posted in yesterday's spoilers.

No plagiarism intended, Marc.
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

Malcolm James
Acolyte
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Malcolm James » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:39 pm

R3

OBTUSELY

User avatar
Tony Atkins
Fanatic
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Tony Atkins » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 pm

I was there in the audience and the crew and cast must have been tired at the end
of a long Tuesday. Rachel in reply to Jeff's opening spreach said "Olympics" instead
of "Oscars" and then cracked up - you couldn't see the join in the edit when just broadcast.
More later...
COREA every Easter, CO-MSO every August

John Brackstone
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:44 pm

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by John Brackstone » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Hairdos for dc equaller

User avatar
Tony Atkins
Fanatic
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Tony Atkins » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm

No blunders by the crew in that part - it was on Wednesday's show that Suzy's earpiece
fell out right at the end of her monologue and she had to redo the last sentence.

Nice to hear funny man and football fan, warm-up guy Dudley, mentioned.
In the break he likes to discuss the teaser with the audience (as well as who is
going to the match that night). In the first break he was discussing with the woman
in front of me why the answer was BACKREST - I had to put them right.

More later...
COREA every Easter, CO-MSO every August

Liam Tiernan
Devotee
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Kildare, Rep. of Ireland

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Liam Tiernan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:08 pm

That must have been the simplest three numbers rounds of all time.

Stewart Gordon
Acolyte
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Stewart Gordon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Somebody ought to have made at least some attempt to make that numbers game interesting!

(8 × 7 - 3 × 2) × 10

Did anyone think up a more interesting way?

User avatar
Tony Atkins
Fanatic
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Tony Atkins » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm

On the original filming of the conundrum, Jamie buzzed on 27 seconds to say he
didn't know the answer but just wanted to buzz in. So the time was restarted but
the music started again from the beginning and didn't stop when Raheel buzzed on 29
to say he didn't know either. They reran the condundrum with the instruction not to buzz.

The final error was we all cheered for the closing credits, but there were no credits,
so we had to do that again. Time for a rest!
COREA every Easter, CO-MSO every August

User avatar
Alec Rivers
Devotee
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Studio 57, Cheriton (Kent)
Contact:

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Alec Rivers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Stewart Gordon wrote:Somebody ought to have made at least some attempt to make that numbers game interesting!

(8 × 7 - 3 × 2) × 10

Did anyone think up a more interesting way?
Well, I had (50 / 10) x (7 + 3) x (8 + 2), omelette-style.

User avatar
Matthew Green
Devotee
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Matthew Green » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Tony Atkins wrote:I was there in the audience and the crew and cast must have been tired at the end
of a long Tuesday. Rachel in reply to Jeff's opening spreach said "Olympics" instead
of "Oscars" and then cracked up - you couldn't see the join in the edit when just broadcast.
More later...
They might have been tired after a long day but I bet none of them used the word 'spreach' in any context.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by James Robinson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Malcolm James wrote:R3

OBTUSELY
I seem to recall Jeff saying that during the show.

TONEPADS in round 13.

Well, the champion was Mirza-ed in the end, wasn't he :?:
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jimmy Gough
Devotee
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 4:08 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Jimmy Gough » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Sania Mirza is good at tennis.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9936
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Liam Tiernan wrote:That must have been the simplest three numbers rounds of all time.
To me it seems that we've had a lot of easy numbers games recently.

User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
Posts: 4923
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Kirk Bevins » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
To me it seems that we've had a lot of easy numbers games recently.
Yet people still insist on posting alternative methods.

User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
Posts: 7987
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Jon Corby » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Wow, I really thought 'subtly' was spelt 'subtlely'. What an idiot. I'm convinced I've written that in all sorts of places too.

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7625
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Matt Morrison » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Jon Corby wrote:Wow, I really thought 'subtly' was spelt 'subtlely'. What an idiot. I'm convinced I've written that in all sorts of places too.
Inside toilet cubicle doors in black marker.

User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
Posts: 7987
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Jon Corby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:Wow, I really thought 'subtly' was spelt 'subtlely'. What an idiot. I'm convinced I've written that in all sorts of places too.
Inside toilet cubicle doors in black marker.
Possiblely. I even tried to justify my idiocy to myself by saying it was weird for a word that ended -le to just drop the -e and replace with -y instead of adding -ly. Really really deeply embarrassed.

Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion
Posts: 2707
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Sheffield

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Dinos Sfyris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Subtlety?

User avatar
Alec Rivers
Devotee
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Studio 57, Cheriton (Kent)
Contact:

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Alec Rivers » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Jon Corby wrote:...ly
adverb
Dinos Sfyris wrote:...ty
noun [/pedantry]

User avatar
Matthew Green
Devotee
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Matthew Green » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Alec Rivers wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:...ly
adverb
Dinos Sfyris wrote:...ty
noun [/pedantry]


Alec, you are most definitely a pedant. Wait, have I spelt that right or did I mean something else?
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum

User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
Posts: 4923
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Kirk Bevins » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 am

Matthew Green wrote: Alec, you are most definitely a pedant. Wait, have I spelt that right or did I mean something else?
A pendant?

User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
Posts: 7987
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Jon Corby » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 am

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matthew Green wrote: Alec, you are most definitely a pedant. Wait, have I spelt that right or did I mean something else?
A pendant?
A pedagogue?

User avatar
Ian Volante
Postmaster General
Posts: 3563
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Spoilers For Friday March 5th 2010

Post by Ian Volante » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Jon Corby wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matthew Green wrote: Alec, you are most definitely a pedant. Wait, have I spelt that right or did I mean something else?
A pendant?
A pedagogue?
A footstool?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests