Spoilers For Wednesday March 3rd 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Wednesday March 3rd 2010

Post by James Robinson »

I'd just like to point out that I'm doing this one earlier today, cos I'm off down south to see the 3 Lions play Egypt at Wembley. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

So, I won't be able to watch today's show today, so I'm afraid you won't have a recap for probably another 24 hours or so. :( :cry:

But, don't worry, it just means you'll get twice the pleasure tomorrow. ;) ;) :) :) :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So, Raheel is still the champ after a convincing win yesterday. Can he become a half-octochamp today :?: We'll soon see....

P.S. No mention of the result between a certain South Coast team that wear red and white stripes and a certain West Yorkshire team that wear blue and white stripes, please. I've had enough torment at work today from Leeds & Halifax supporters. :( :cry: :x :evil:
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Wednesday March 3rd 2010

Post by Marc Meakin »

Also (100+10) X 7 + (8-3)
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

CALORIES for round 9.
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

Wasn't there also DECREPIT in R11 for a rather more elegant 8?

Back to sleep now.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

((10-2)x4+50)x10+6 as an alternative for the third numbers.
craig
Rookie

Post by craig »

Colin is my favourite contestant this series, possibly ever. I'm quite upset he lost.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Yeah, what a nice man.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I was in the audience for the afternoon session of 2nd Feb - all the contestants seemed
nice when I talked to them [redacted big fat spoiler -- Ed]. Nicholas Owen was nice
too as he went out of his way to go over and talk to the contestants.

I got a DC beater on watching it today: R4 SCENTING and there was also MORALISE in R9.
On the day I risked LACRIMOSE instead but LACHRYMOSE isn't one of the similar words that
have the simpler spelling. Some how I didn't get the last numbers today so ended up
scoring less than I did on the day (98 and 104)!
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

It takes a lot to highly irritate me, but the challenger's insistence on calling Jeff "sir" was making me scream out loud every time :!: Good job the upstairs neighbour's as deaf as a post.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Rich Priest wrote:It takes a lot to highly irritate me, but the challenger's insistence on calling Jeff "sir" was making me scream out loud every time :!:
This, and the champ's use of the word 'also', where 'as well' or 'too' would sound better. 'Also' at the end of a sentence just sounds wrong. Or is that just me?

EDIT: I was referring to his declarations, e.g. "I have seven also."
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Alec Rivers wrote:
Rich Priest wrote:It takes a lot to highly irritate me, but the challenger's insistence on calling Jeff "sir" was making me scream out loud every time :!:
This, and the champ's use of the word 'also', where 'as well' or 'too' would sound better. 'Also' at the end of a sentence just sounds wrong. Or is that just me?

Yeah it does sound strange to my ears, I often do it deliberately just to push my own buttons. I really should get out more.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Alec Rivers wrote:

Yeah it does sound strange to my ears, I often do it deliberately just to push my own buttons. I really should get out more.
lol
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Alec Rivers wrote:

I agree with the above sentiments,also. :)
Jim Treloar
Rookie

Post by Jim Treloar »

Tony Atkins - I was in the studio that day - also (!). Can't say either sir or also bothered me particularly, maybe I'm not that sensitive. Agreed that it was a very friendly recording, although I found N. Owen a bit smarmy towards Susie, the one thing that did grate a bit. For those of you who don't know, an interesting game coming up today - Thursday.
Edwin Mead
Rookie

Post by Edwin Mead »

craig wrote:Colin is my favourite contestant this series, possibly ever. I'm quite upset he lost.
Me too, also.

Such a polite man, and he can tell a good story too. They should invite him back to be the Dictionary Corner guest, also.
craig
Rookie

Post by craig »

Rich Priest wrote:It takes a lot to highly irritate me, but the challenger's insistence on calling Jeff "sir" was making me scream out loud every time :!: Good job the upstairs neighbour's as deaf as a post.
I'm surprised this annoyed people, I thought it seemed....nice?

Oh yeah, for Damian...I missed depicter and probably lots more but can't remember them. It also took me the whole 30 seconds to get the conundrum and probably would have just missed that as well.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

craig wrote:Colin is my favourite contestant this series, possibly ever. I'm quite upset he lost.
^This. Quality chap with that olden days charm and chivalry rarely seen today and a magically soothing voice. I could listen to stories from him all day. Anyone know where I can get one of his audiotape thingies?
Alec Rivers wrote:This, and the champ's use of the word 'also', where 'as well' or 'too' would sound better. 'Also' at the end of a sentence just sounds wrong. Or is that just me?
^This, also :)

A lecturer wrote also at the end of a sentence on the board this morning and I inexplicably A-lolled!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Finally, I've been able to watch the show :!: :D Didn't get home till 3:15 this morning. :shock: :o

NEMATODE in round 3, ISOLATE as a contestant beater in round 7.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I've also just watched this show as I was spotting all day yesterday, freezing my testes off on Peterborough station. Anyway PRENTICED for 9 and a beater in round 11.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Jim Treloar wrote:For those of you who don't know, an interesting game coming up today - Thursday.
Erm, in what way? As I watched it, all I could imagine was an amazing comeback, but that never quite materialised.
Jim Treloar
Rookie

Post by Jim Treloar »

Alec - in that we had one of those youngsters. The way I see it they have to pass an audition like anyone else, so must be good to start with. Not often one of them gets beaten first time and I think the lad was unlucky, just happened to be up against someone who's doing a good run. I was sitting in front of him in the audience for Wednesday's game and he proved to be a thoroughly likeable lad. As so often I suspect nerves got to him on the chair.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I've also just watched this show as I was spotting all day yesterday, freezing my testes off on Peterborough station.
Good for you, Kirk. Didn't have you down as a trainspotter, I must say.

Although being inside Wembley Stadium is very enjoyable, especially when you see England win a good footy match. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Having said that, I've just watched the programme back, and I make a brief cameo before the match starts. Just after the first break, before they do a competition to win tickets for the World Cup, I'm seeing raising my England scarf (which I actually bought around 5-10 minutes earlier down Wembley Way) in front of the statue of Sir Bobby Moore.

Quite a nice little highlight for myself.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Jim Treloar wrote:Alec - in that we had one of those youngsters. The way I see it they have to pass an audition like anyone else, so must be good to start with. Not often one of them gets beaten first time and I think the lad was unlucky, just happened to be up against someone who's doing a good run. I was sitting in front of him in the audience for Wednesday's game and he proved to be a thoroughly likeable lad. As so often I suspect nerves got to him on the chair.
Okay, but, while I don't doubt his likeability, I would say there are probably hundreds of 14-year-olds in the country of his standard. It takes something a little more special in the brains department to make me sit up and be impressed. I wouldn't class him as 'one of those youngsters'. Sorry. (Hope that's not too negative, it's just my opinion.)
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Jim Treloar wrote:Alec - in that we had one of those youngsters. The way I see it they have to pass an audition like anyone else, so must be good to start with. Not often one of them gets beaten first time and I think the lad was unlucky, just happened to be up against someone who's doing a good run. I was sitting in front of him in the audience for Wednesday's game and he proved to be a thoroughly likeable lad. As so often I suspect nerves got to him on the chair.
Erm, I guess that saves me watching Thursday's game then, since this seems to belong in the spoilers section for Thursday's programme.