Spoilers for Wednesday 21st July 2021

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Wednesday 21st July 2021

Post by Tom S »

Thought that today's standard wouldn't have been out of place in a Finals match. You have to feel for Jonathan for not getting more than a teapot for his efforts today- as well as being made to sing on national TV! Florence looks very settled, and it will take a strong player to unseat her....
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for 21st July 2021

Post by Toby McDonald »

PLUSHERY in R13

R6 Alt.: (50-3)*(9-2) = 329
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Tom S wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:32 pm Thought that today's standard wouldn't have been out of place in a Finals match. You have to feel for Jonathan for not getting more than a teapot for his efforts today- as well as being made to sing on national TV! Florence looks very settled, and it will take a strong player to unseat her....
Yeah, I liked Jonathan and he dealt with Anne very well.

Also (100-3) × (8+50/25) for a less clunky way to get 970.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Just caught up to this episode, excellent standard by both. I didn't like how Anne kept badgering the challenger to sing though, he clearly didn't want to and she kept throwing insults his way. You're supposed to put the contestant at ease, particularly the challenger who is making their first appearance and would probably be more nervous, this isn't The Weakest Link. To his credit Jonathan handled it well even though it could have easily thrown him off his game.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Jojo Apollo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:44 pm Just caught up to this episode, excellent standard by both. I didn't like how Anne kept badgering the challenger to sing though, he clearly didn't want to and she kept throwing insults his way. You're supposed to put the contestant at ease, particularly the challenger who is making their first appearance and would probably be more nervous, this isn't The Weakest Link. To his credit Jonathan handled it well even though it could have easily thrown him off his game.
Totally agree! Just as I was feeling a bit more like applying too ;)

Timidest in r1