Spoilers for Friday 14th August 2020

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday 14th August 2020

Post by Tom S »

Seems like Brendan plays at his best when up against tough opposition. Thought he upped his game today compared to some of his other games. Felt for Olivia though, who seemed quite a decent player, and more than competent at the numbers.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for 14th August 2020

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Yeah, decent game but Brendon the steamroller came through.

Does Phil get his own words? He seems to act like he does and if so he's really good. But I thought the facade might have slipped a bit today when he got INFECTUM and Susie said it doesn't mean what he might think and I thought he looked a bit embarrassed, and then in the next round he said OVER-OVERLAIN? Like he'd lost some of his confidence in the ruse.
Sam Cappleman-Lynes
Enthusiast

Post by Sam Cappleman-Lynes »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:45 pm Does Phil get his own words? He seems to act like he does and if so he's really good. But I thought the facade might have slipped a bit today when he got INFECTUM and Susie said it doesn't mean what he might think and I thought he looked a bit embarrassed, and then in the next round he said OVER-OVERLAIN? Like he'd lost some of his confidence in the ruse.
I'm pretty sure the DC guest is fed words through their earpiece at least occasionally. Something happened while I was in the studio that convinced me of this, although I probably shouldn't say what until the episode has aired.

Normally it doesn't look so silly because they can always fall back on Susie's expertise and say "we got" instead of "I got" but with the new seating arrangements that isn't viable any more and some of the declarations seem forced.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Aw, that's a disappointing - I was thinking Dr Phil was a secret apterite! Had been very impressed by him - he beat me easily yesterday.