Spoilers for Wednesday 2nd October 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 67)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Wednesday 2nd October 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 67)

Post by Toby McDonald »

MALKIES in R8
TODEAS in R10
Also, not a beater, but one of the new words, DOUCAINE in R11. :)
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Wednesday 2nd October 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 67)

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

was going to do the spoilers thread for today but got beaten to it :lol:

Would've beaten Paul 117-78 and Dave 122-32
Harry Savage

Post by Harry Savage »

Also ODDEST in R10, which seemed like an obvious spot?
Neil Bellers

Post by Neil Bellers »

Hello again everyone from Neil B. I may have imagined it, but there was a 1st October Countdown shown sometime on Tuesday
(I don't think I am allowed to begin a Spoiler page by myself) ?
That's because on my 'workings' I had written (8*4)-3=29*25=725-(9/9) and as I mentioned many moons ago when I first
submitted a comment on the 'welcome' page, claimed my bonus biscuit from the tin for using all the numbers =724.
Can anyone check this total for me please ?
Also, I still wanted to ask about whether there is an 'Oxford Referendum' for the Dictionary which takes place every time
a two-word phrase is suggested as becoming a more Germanic-style one-word joined together eg tea bag = teabag
(ie who agrees to all this, and do we really have to respect that decision in general usage = yes I am a revolting Remainer !?),
and when oh when is 'Druid' going to have the option of starting with a lower-case d, which has fooled a few in the past ?
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Neil Bellers wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:04 pm Hello again everyone from Neil B. I may have imagined it, but there was a 1st October Countdown shown sometime on Tuesday
That's because on my 'workings' I had written (8*4)-3=29*25=725-(9/9) and as I mentioned many moons ago when I first
submitted a comment on the 'welcome' page, claimed my bonus biscuit from the tin for using all the numbers =724.
Can anyone check this total for me please ?
Also, I still wanted to ask about whether there is an 'Oxford Referendum' for the Dictionary which takes place every time
a two-word phrase is suggested as becoming a more Germanic-style one-word joined together eg tea bag = teabag
(ie who agrees to all this, and do we really have to respect that decision in general usage = yes I am a revolting Remainer !?),
and when oh when is 'Druid' going to have the option of starting with a lower-case d, which has fooled a few in the past ?
Hi Neil- you were right with the numbers :)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Neil Bellers wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:04 pm Hello again everyone from Neil B. I may have imagined it, but there was a 1st October Countdown shown sometime on Tuesday
You should be able to unless you've been specifically banned for bad behaviour!