Spoilers For Friday 26th July 2019

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Friday 26th July 2019

Post by James Robinson »

Nice to have the joyous feeling of starting a spoiler thread again..., been a while... :P :P :P

I only post cos me and Nathan Pace happened to be at this recording, and we were hoping to have an indirect cameo in this episode (not visual, before anyone asks), but the powers that be decided not to have our little mention on.

Hey-ho, not bitter... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Friday 26th July 2019

Post by Gavin Chipper »

What?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:05 pmWhat?
Basically, during Paul’s bit about Eurovision, there was a 4th nugget he added, which was cut out. :(

He was talking about Kate Robbins (the sister of Ted), who had represented the UK in Eurovision as part of a band called Prima Donna. His nugget was that KATE ROBBINS is amazingly an anagram of BRONSKI BEAT, which is an incredible fact to know. :shock: :o

Anyway, one little slip he did was saying that Prima Donna represented the UK in 1981, and I thought “that can’t be right, cos the UK won with Bucks Fizz in 1981” (which Nathan confirmed to me). Prima Donna actually represented us in 1980.

So, during the second break, I wrote down a note and asked Jay to send it across to Paul, which he did, and then gave us that glare that you get from time to time... :P

Then, at the end, Paul talks about the intelligence of the audience and reads out the note I wrote to him, and thanks us (without naming us) for pointing out his error. :D

Would’ve loved to have seen that make the cut, but never mind. :roll:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Excellent. I'm glad I prompted you!
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

a
James Robinson wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:16 pm
Basically, during Paul’s bit about Eurovision, there was a 4th nugget he added, which was cut out. :(

He was talking about Kate Robbins (the daughter of Ted), who had represented the UK in Eurovision as part of a band called Prima Donna. His nugget was that KATE ROBBINS is amazingly an anagram of BRONSKI BEAT, which is an incredible fact to know. :shock: :o

Anyway, one little slip he did was saying that Prima Donna represented the UK in 1981, and I thought “that can’t be right, cos the UK won with Bucks Fizz in 1981” (which Nathan confirmed to me). Prima Donna actually represented us in 1980.

So, during the second break, I wrote down a note and asked Jay to send it across to Paul, which he did, and then gave us that glare that you get from time to time... :P

Then, at the end, Paul talks about the intelligence of the audience and reads out the note I wrote to him, and thanks us (without naming us) for pointing out his error. :D

I thought Ted and Kate Robbins were siblings.
She is also Emily Atack's mum
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Marc Meakin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:03 pm a

He was talking about Kate Robbins (the daughter of Ted), who had represented the UK in Eurovision as part of a band called Prima Donna. His nugget was that KATE ROBBINS is amazingly an anagram of BRONSKI BEAT, which is an incredible fact to know. :shock: :o

Yeah, that’s right, Paul also mentioned the Atack nugget too.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

James Robinson wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:23 pm

I'm guessing also that she is Paul McCartney's cousin got a mention
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Marc Meakin wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:17 am
James Robinson wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:23 pm
I'm guessing also that she is Paul McCartney's cousin got a mention
You guess correctly. :)
Jason William Larsen
Rookie

Post by Jason William Larsen »

What is a nugget?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jason William Larsen wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:26 am What is a nugget?
Just a little something, Jason. We like to use the phrase “nugget of information” to mean like “a little something”.

Like a nugget of gold is just a small piece of gold.😄😎👍
Jason William Larsen
Rookie

Post by Jason William Larsen »

Ok