Series 78 Ramblings and Spoilers....

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Series 78 Ramblings and Spoilers....

Post by Tom S »

It's getting close to seeing who will be confirmed to the final and whether we may see a Zarte-Philip rematch as Rachel hinted at for the finals. If the line-up was as it presently stands we would be in for some crackers (I'd even put some money on the seeding not going according to plan).....:)
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Re: Series 78 Ramblings and Spoilers....

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Only two at most of Zarte, Philip and Toby will make the semis unfortunately...feel bad for whichever one doesn't.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

If it was as the seeding is atm, I would put money down on these players to win their semi's.
Zarte over Mac
Philip over Toby (though it will be a cracker I think, yet can see it going the other way)
Dougie over Chris (Just because I feel that Dougie has been just a bit more consistent overall as a player)
Phil over Paul (For the same reason as above)
But should Jan or another player get into the final, then we could be in for a Zarte/Philip showdown and I think Zarte will be scared once again....
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Tom S wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 am Philip over Toby (though it will be a cracker I think, yet can see it going the other way)
This definitely would be a match that could swing either way, as both players have their respective strengths (Toby's word knowledge is phenomenal, but Philip probably just about edges on consistency etc)
Whatever happens we're almost guaranteed another Zarte/Philip match up, too.
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Post by Ryan Lam »

Personally I would not bet on whether there will be a Philip vs Zarte Match. I'm sure Philip is not keen on facing him again after losing to him in early-March. But should that happen, expect a fiercer match than usual. Same applies if Philip vs Toby happens.

But yeah, just like what Elliott said, I will definitely feel sorry for whoever doesn't make it; all three really have potential to become Series Champion but sadly at the end of the day, there can only be one.