Spoilers for 17th May 2018

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Spoilers for 17th May 2018

Post by Tom S »

Definitely unusual about Paul and the letters. Phobia was a vg spot given that awful selection-only managed a 4 myself. Nevertheless, this is a good game on the letters front by both players.
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for 17th May 2018

Post by Ryan Lam »

Alternative for Ronud 6: ((100 + 6 + 7) x 3) - (9 - 8)

Wow that was a close shave for Paul again! If Matthew had his method right in Round 3 it would be 80 - 79 at the end of Round 14 but on all accounts since Paul buzzed in he would have lost anyway.

Let's see if he can become the 5th Octochamp or by some unlucky twist of fate end up like Dougie...just think positive!
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Personally do not think Paul is a worthy finalist, ability wise as seeds 7 and 8 who sit below him are better all rounders, but he definitely deserves to be there if it was based down to Mr Nice Guy :)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Tom S wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm Definitely unusual about Paul and the letters. Phobia was a vg spot given that awful selection-only managed a 4 myself. Nevertheless, this is a good game on the letters front by both players.
This happens a lot when I'm playing contestants at home. I'm doing well against them, and then I encounter a round that I find a bit difficult, and they choose that one round to get a great spot, denying me points!