Spoilers for Thursday 5th January 2017

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Spoilers for Thursday 5th January 2017

Post by Martin Hurst »

Thought I'd set up the first one of the year!

Interesting start for the current champion (Darren Godfrey) - in his 2 wins prior to today he has had just one max in 20 letters games, but a perfect 8 from 8 in his numbers games (including a couple of very good solves). Definitely someone to select "one large" against methinks :)
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 5th January 2017

Post by Philip Wilson »

Paternal from Darren and maternal from Suzy would have been nice in the parental/prenatal round!
Peter Clarke
Rookie

Post by Peter Clarke »

Well Suzy thrashed him today!! Only 8 points away from a max.

She seems like an excellent spotter. Excellent performance considering she isn't an Apterite. Think she could be an octochamp.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Wow, what a performance from Suzy!
She seems like strong material, especially considering she isn't an apterite (unless she uses a pseudonym?).
I have to confess I missed APTEROUS :oops: Though to be fair it's a tough word to spot.
If she keeps the same average every day and octos, she'll post a very impressive octototal of 944 !
Peter Clarke
Rookie

Post by Peter Clarke »

Elliott Mellor wrote:Wow, what a performance from Suzy!
She seems like strong material, especially considering she isn't an apterite (unless she uses a pseudonym?).
I have to confess I missed APTEROUS :oops: Though to be fair it's a tough word to spot.
If she keeps the same average every day and octos, she'll post a very impressive octototal of 944 !
I'm guessing she isn't an apterite considering she missed BARITONE/OBTAINER and PTOMAINE. She does seem like strong material, I actually hope she becomes octo after that. We'll see if she keeps it up!

I missed it too :oops: and PTOMAINE. I saw BARITONE though. I am a bit out of practice though considering I haven't played on Apterous for a while. Planning to go back on in the summer, but I may go on earlier as I'm missing it lol.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

I got all 4 8s in the PTOMAINE round, but I still missed the word I perhaps should have spotted most - APTEROUS:-P
Yeah she is undoubtedly a good player, but she missed a few apto-words that might cost her if she comes up against one. However she seems like she could certainly octo and perhaps even win the series. Don't want to take anything away from her as she is certainly a very good player, but it only takes one off performance and she could find herself fighting back from behind.