Spoilers for Tuesday 1st November 2016

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers for Tuesday 1st November 2016

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Since Lav is slacking, I'll start this.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 1st November 2016

Post by Peter Mabey »

ROADWAYS in last round :)
Euan Slatter
Acolyte

Post by Euan Slatter »

Final numbers alt: 50*9-(7*3)-3
COUNTDOWN or THE TUBE? Which is better? There's only one way to find out....

Call it a draw :)

Robins Till I Die
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Post by Adam Dexter »

Lowest winning score in new 15 contender?

Shocking game tbf
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Euan Slatter
Acolyte

Post by Euan Slatter »

Adam Dexter wrote:Lowest winning score in new 15 contender?

Shocking game tbf
Nope: http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5950
COUNTDOWN or THE TUBE? Which is better? There's only one way to find out....

Call it a draw :)

Robins Till I Die
Peter Thomas
Rookie

Post by Peter Thomas »

Graeme doesn't seem to be answering questions on the forum anymore, but I'd be interested to know what the record is for the number of times a player has failed to score because their word isn't valid or they've got the numbers round wrong. Yesterday's show was a bit cringeworthy...
Peter Thomas
Rookie

Post by Peter Thomas »

Also, I'd be interested to know how many times the conundrum scramble has been a valid word (eg VALIDATES (SALIVATED) recently).
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Peter Thomas wrote:Graeme doesn't seem to be answering questions on the forum anymore, but I'd be interested to know what the record is for the number of times a player has failed to score because their word isn't valid or they've got the numbers round wrong. Yesterday's show was a bit cringeworthy...
The main reason I stopped answering questions a while ago is because I got bored with questions like "who was the worst player to...", "what's the lowest score for someone who...", "who got the fewest maxes out of players who...", the sort of questions that only serve to highlight the so-called "bad" players, without even touching on anything interesting or unusual beyond that. There have been some interesting questions recently though, so I should get back to it.

This isn't directed at you personally - after seeing a game with quite a few phoneys offered, it's natural to wonder if there are any games with more. In particular, it's not so bad if the person asking a question like that knows full well their name is going to be top of the list (Ryan) :lol: .

Anyway, I believe someone got seven disallowed words in a game once. And the question about how many times the conundrum scramble has been a valid word isn't really answerable unless I have an up-to-date list of valid words, which I don't. However, I can recall several times in the past: HURRICANE, POLYTHENE, GANGLIONS, GERANIUMS, PAROTITIS, and probably more.