Spoilers For Monday July 18th 2016

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Spoilers For Monday July 18th 2016

Post by Tony Atkins »

Stephen's fifth show and quite a hard one too.

ACEDIAS to beat cadges, and there is an 8 in the last words round too.

574 is possible, but not by me....
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday July 18th 2016

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Tony Atkins wrote:ACEDIAS to beat cadges
Sorry... two Es, one A. CEASED was the only other max in that round, though I toyed with DECAGES^ for a large portion of the time.

Only one 1-away solution to the last numbers game, in either direction -- this is why I've listed it as Rachel's solution on the wiki even though she didn't present it. Anyone spot it within the time?

Three 9s, all new, in the AMORTISE round, with the most well-known(?) being ROMANITES.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
samir pilica
Acolyte

Post by samir pilica »

Not sure they would allow Romanites as it's capitalized in ODO.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It might be a variant of a non-capitalised word (RUMANITES maybe?), since it's been valid on Apterous ever since it was added and I think DC on Countdown specifically mentioned either it or its singular at some point previously.
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

PIRAGUAS in the last letters round.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Sorry... two Es, one A. CEASED was the only other max in that round, though I toyed with DECAGES^ for a large portion of the time.
Oops
Johnny Canuck wrote: Only one 1-away solution to the last numbers game, in either direction -- this is why I've listed it as Rachel's solution on the wiki even though she didn't present it. Anyone spot it within the time?
Yes of course.
Johnny Canuck wrote: Three 9s, all new, in the AMORTISE round, with the most well-known(?) being ROMANITES.
It is listed as a valiant of RUMANITES, though I am not sure I am happy with plurals of names of minerals.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024