Spoilers for Tuesday 28 June 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 2)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 28 June 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 2)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Following Paul Erdunast's triumph in the finals, we are back to our regular orders of business this week with the start of the Series 75 prelims, and the first one -- yesterday -- was just exciting AF. AF, of course, are the initials of our new champion Andrew Fenton. How far will he go? This question begins to be answered today... on Nick Hewer's 1000th programme.

Join Tim Down for the recap later.

Wikicap Notice: I will need to conduct a presentation at 3:30pm today and will thus not be able to produce a wiki recap "live" like usual. I can still record the show but I may need to wait a few hours to watch it and make the 'cap based on the data. If someone else might be able to fill in writing the wikicap I'd appreciate it, but I can also make it myself later in the day.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Wiki Recapper Possibly Needed. Spoilers for 28 June 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 2)

Post by James Robinson »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Wikicap Notice: I will need to conduct a presentation at 3:30pm today and will thus not be able to produce a wiki recap "live" like usual. I can still record the show but I may need to wait a few hours to watch it and make the 'cap based on the data. If someone else might be able to fill in writing the wikicap I'd appreciate it, but I can also make it myself later in the day.
I'll be ready and waiting, don't worry, Johnny. ;) :) :D
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Re: Wiki Recapper Possibly Needed. Spoilers for 28 June 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 2)

Post by Ray Wilding »

I don't agree at all with Susie on HONESTIES, the plant is clearly a mass noun as well.
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Post by Steven M. McCann »

When Jon Culshaw is doing an impression, most of the, time I haven't a clue who he's supposed to be "doing" until he "helpfully" tells us.
I have to admit, after I heard Stephen was a sort of Scrabble hustler, hopping between counties in search of a game, I expected him to be a far better player than he turned out to be.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for 28 June 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 2)

Post by Tony Atkins »

Ray Wilding wrote:I don't agree at all with Susie on HONESTIES, the plant is clearly a mass noun as well.
HISTONES is best in that round otherwise.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Steven M. McCann wrote:I have to admit, after I heard Stephen was a sort of Scrabble hustler, hopping between counties in search of a game, I expected him to be a far better player than he turned out to be.
I thought he was an apterite when he came on, but I see that is Stewart Wintle.
Last edited by Tony Atkins on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CO-MSO every August
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Alt last numbers: (7-2)x6x10 to avoid using the big number.
CO-MSO every August
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ray Wilding wrote:I don't agree at all with Susie on HONESTIES, the plant is clearly a mass noun as well.
It also doesn't come up in the search and it's not on Apterous. Not that these are binding in themselves of course. But it does mention plants as pluralisable here.
Steven M. McCann wrote:I have to admit, after I heard Stephen was a sort of Scrabble hustler, hopping between counties in search of a game, I expected him to be a far better player than he turned out to be.
Harsh, but true to form the Scrabbler couldn't do the numbers.