Spoilers for Tuesday 18th November

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Richard Priest
Devotee

Spoilers for Tuesday 18th November

Post by Richard Priest »

Thought today's challenger was going to do great things when she spotted CULPRIT in round one (I had PICTURE but thought hers was more impressive). Unfortunately however she couldn't keep it up.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 18th November

Post by Oliver Garner »

Failed to get final numbers game, much to my annoyance
Jennifer Turner
Acolyte

Post by Jennifer Turner »

Best bit of today's show... seeing the clock whizzing back round to the top. I know all you folk who've been to the studio are probably a bit blasé about that sort of thing, but it's a bit of a novelty for the rest of us!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Jennifer Turner wrote:Best bit of today's show... seeing the clock whizzing back round to the top. I know all you folk who've been to the studio are probably a bit blasé about that sort of thing, but it's a bit of a novelty for the rest of us!
Yes I noticed that too! I think it's one of a very limited number of times it's been shown on TV. It's certainly the first time I've ever seen it on TV (obviously saw it loads of times in real life). I went 7-0 down against the challenger as I only had CURLEW and then we both had 8s and I thought she was on a roll - however, she quickly hit rock bottom. Sad, really.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Oliver Garner wrote:Failed to get final numbers game, much to my annoyance
Unlucky Ollie, it was a tricky one.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

TORSADES was a good spot by Mark. Next time I get ASSORTED on apterous I'm going to declare TORSADES instead.
Jennifer Turner wrote:Best bit of today's show... seeing the clock whizzing back round to the top. I know all you folk who've been to the studio are probably a bit blasé about that sort of thing, but it's a bit of a novelty for the rest of us!
Yeah I loved that bit :D.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Ben Hunter wrote:TORSADES was a good spot by Mark. Next time I get ASSORTED on apterous I'm going to declare TORSADES instead.
The drinking of the water and then the smug look, told you that Mark had found one of the 8's. I saw ASSORTED in the 30 seconds but I wasn't smug about it.
I don't think that was meant to happen, but it is fun to watch the handle go back around that fast :D
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Joseph Bolas wrote:
Ben Hunter wrote:TORSADES was a good spot by Mark. Next time I get ASSORTED on apterous I'm going to declare TORSADES instead.
The drinking of the water and then the smug look, told you that Mark had found one of the 8's. I saw ASSORTED in the 30 seconds but I wasn't smug about it.
Haha I was laughing my arse off at that bit, especially since he'd just said "and a better one" during the selection.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

I was surprised that DC had DREDGE in round 7, saying that they'd been beaten by the contestants, when there was an extra S for DREDGES.

But in the very next round, I did the same thing, getting SQUARE, but missing SQUARES.

Also noticed the clock finishing its journey at the end of round 14. It's certainly the first time I've noticed that on TV.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

I never even knew it could physically do that, I just assumed it rotated about a third plane to return to its original position.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ben Hunter wrote:I just assumed it rotated about a third plane to return to its original position.
Unless the hand exists in 4-dimensional space, it doesn't rotate about any planes at all.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

When I was filming they used disposable clocks, which had to be entirely replaced after each round. I assume this new "reusable" style clock is part of the same cost-cutting that saw the end of Carol.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Ben Hunter wrote:I just assumed it rotated about a third plane to return to its original position.
Unless the hand exists in 4-dimensional space, it doesn't rotate about any planes at all.
If anything exists in 4-dimensional space, it's the Countdown clock.
jeff wharton
Rookie

Post by jeff wharton »

Second numbers game.Alternate
75-3x2+5=504-8=496
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

jeff wharton wrote:Second numbers game.Alternate
75-3x2+5=504-8=496