Spoilers for Friday 27th May 2016

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Laverty
Enthusiast

Spoilers for Friday 27th May 2016

Post by James Laverty »

It could be coronation day for Robin McKay. He's in the finals anyway, but will want to be as high up the seed table as possible.

FOR STAT FANS

If Robin loses- He will be #6 seed and will go down in the record books as the highest scoring 7-time champ regardless of his score

If he wins with a score of less than 39- He will be #4 seed.

If he wins with a score between 40 and 106- He will be #3 seed.

If he wins with a score of 107- He will be level on points with Ann Dibben and it will come down to conundrum records.

If he wins with a score between 108 and 148- He will be #2 seed.

If he wins with a score of 149 or higher- He will be #1 seed and break the long standing record held by Fell and Travers for a record score in a game.

Stay tuned.
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Rob McKay
Rookie

Re: Spoilers for 27th May 2016

Post by Rob McKay »

You be sure of it!
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Well done that man, as they say.

I was pleased to get a studio-max game, but then found there are three beaters including an obscure 9...
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Well done Robin on becoming an octochamp, many congrats, excellent set of games there. :)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Tony Atkins wrote:I was pleased to get a studio-max game, but then found there are three beaters including an obscure 9...
Really? Lexplorer seems to disagree. Only 8s to be had today as far as I know.

Two very nice 8-letter beaters for PEWTER/REPENT, including the futuristic-sounding POWERNET, which sadly just turns out to be the name of a type of fabric.

Alternate last numbers, which I spotted in its entirety on about 29.99 seconds: (50 * 9 + 7 + 6) * 2 + 3.

Well done Robin on completing an octorun, achieving eight centuries, and squeaking into the #2 position. Hope the finals bring you nothing but good fortune.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Rob McKay
Rookie

Post by Rob McKay »

Tony Atkins wrote:Well done that man, as they say.

I was pleased to get a studio-max game, but then found there are three beaters including an obscure 9...
Many Thanks, Tony. :D
Rob McKay
Rookie

Post by Rob McKay »

Jojo Apollo wrote:Well done Robin on becoming an octochamp, many congrats, excellent set of games there. :)
Thanks Jojo and for the support, much appreciated. :)
Rob McKay
Rookie

Post by Rob McKay »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:I was pleased to get a studio-max game, but then found there are three beaters including an obscure 9...

Two very nice 8-letter beaters for PEWTER/REPENT, including the futuristic-sounding POWERNET, which sadly just turns out to be the name of a type of fabric.

Alternate last numbers, which I spotted in its entirety on about 29.99 seconds: (50 * 9 + 7 + 6) * 2 + 3.

Well done Robin on completing an octorun, achieving eight centuries, and squeaking into the #2 position. Hope the finals bring you nothing but good fortune.
Thx Johnny and for all your support. 8-)
samir pilica
Acolyte

Post by samir pilica »

Congratulations Robin. Brilliant performances throughout. Best of luck in the finals!
Rob McKay
Rookie

Post by Rob McKay »

Thank you Samir and also for your support. Much Appreciated.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
It's a shame because only being the spoilers thread, we can never find out what this nine is to verify/unverify it.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:
It's a shame because only being the spoilers thread, we can never find out what this nine is to verify/unverify it.
Sorry wrote the selection down wrong in the Pastor round (an A for the second O)!
CO-MSO every August
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Friday 27th May 2016

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Tony Atkins wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote: Really? Lexplorer seems to disagree. Only 8s to be had today as far as I know.
Sorry wrote the selection down wrong in the Pastor round (an A for the second O)!
So AAAFOPRST then? Still no 9 from there.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Friday 27th May 2016

Post by Tony Atkins »

And then you have to type an extra R into lexplore....
CO-MSO every August