Spoilers for Friday 20 May 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 71)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday 20 May 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 71)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

So. Yeah. Today's show happened.

Good job to Robin on making it a hat-trick, and commiserations to Mel, who was apparently active on Apterous as a trial member for a few weeks.

Did the rest of you hear Mel saying GRAPES or GRIPES in the RAPIERS round? It's almost impossible to tell.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Friday 20 May 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 72)

Post by James Laverty »

Pretty sure it was GRAPES
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

James Laverty wrote:Pretty sure it was GRAPES
Good, that's how I heard it too. I inferred that based partially on the fact that DC talked about GRAPIER in a manner that suggested it "built" on GRAPES.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I saw HORNLIKE in the last letters. Hyphenated though.
Tim Down
Acolyte

Post by Tim Down »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I saw HORNLIKE in the last letters. Hyphenated though.
Me too. I was delighted to get TITMOUSE having missed it twice in the first game of my run.

Well done Robin, another great performance.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Friday 20 May 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 71)

Post by Philip Wilson »

How can overarms not be in (as a verb) but hookier is? Oh wait, my neighbour's kitchen wall is hookier than mine :-)
George Pryn
Acolyte

Post by George Pryn »

I find it so annoying that he never picks 4 large like he would on apterous, he has enough of an advantage against non-apterites as it is, without the obvious point grabbing 1 large picks.

Well done you scored over 100 against a non-apterite

Thumbs up
Dan McColm
Series 71 Champion

Post by Dan McColm »

George Pryn wrote:I find it so annoying that he never picks 4 large like he would on apterous, he has enough of an advantage against non-apterites as it is, without the obvious point grabbing 1 large picks.

Well done you scored over 100 against a non-apterite

Thumbs up
Surely picking 4 large would give him an even bigger advantage over non-apterites, as they are less likely to practise 4 large?
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

According to the log I keep at home, this is definitely Prelim 72, not Prelim 71. I think the prelim numbers in the spoilers archive have been out of sync for a few weeks, actually.