Spoilers for Thursday 14 April 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 52)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday 14 April 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 52)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Had to catch a bus to get me to a place with Wi-Fi and missed it by ten seconds, then called a cab and the cab never came. Long story short, my plans for seeing Rounds 1-5 were completely out the window. Really really sorry! Anyone have copies of those five rounds? I hate having to do this but there isn't much choice... :( :( :(
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Re: Recapper Needed for Today! Spoilers for Thursday 14 April 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 52)

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

3rd numbers alt:

(((25 + 6) x 2) x 8) - 75
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Recapper Needed for Today! Spoilers for Thursday 14 April 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 52)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Lexplorer lists PIEANNOTS as a 9 in the PANTIES/ENATIONS round, but I can't find any way to get to it on ODO. Was it one of the junked variant spellings?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Thomas Cappleman
Series 72 Champion

Post by Thomas Cappleman »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Lexplorer lists PIEANNOTS as a 9 in the PANTIES/ENATIONS round, but I can't find any way to get to it on ODO. Was it one of the junked variant spellings?
May have been a variant of http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defin ... ish/pianet - I think that had a lot of stupid variants.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Had to catch a bus to get me to a place with Wi-Fi and missed it by ten seconds, then called a cab and the cab never came. Long story short, my plans for seeing Rounds 1-5 were completely out the window. Really really sorry! Anyone have copies of those five rounds? I hate having to do this but there isn't much choice... :( :( :(
I'll sort it all later. :)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Thomas Cappleman wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:Lexplorer lists PIEANNOTS as a 9 in the PANTIES/ENATIONS round, but I can't find any way to get to it on ODO. Was it one of the junked variant spellings?
May have been a variant of http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defin ... ish/pianet - I think that had a lot of stupid variants.
Yeah, figured it was one of those obscure mediaeval northern/Scottish nature words. Just one tricky point though -- this means that the max length is different from what Lexplorer is telling me it is. How can I get a list of the available 8s when Lex isn't recognising them as maxes?
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

James Robinson wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:Had to catch a bus to get me to a place with Wi-Fi and missed it by ten seconds, then called a cab and the cab never came. Long story short, my plans for seeing Rounds 1-5 were completely out the window. Really really sorry! Anyone have copies of those five rounds? I hate having to do this but there isn't much choice... :( :( :(
I'll sort it all later. :)
Thanks again, JR. Just as a reassurance, this will be the last time for a while in which there's even a possibility that I'm going to have issues with accessing the Wi-Fi during/shortly after the show. (I'm heading into my last exam of the term on Saturday, and after that I have a two-week break from classes.) Cheers.

As on Monday, I will be posting a recap for Rounds 6-15 to my user page to save you 67% of the trouble.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I don't think I have seen anyone have so much fun selecting the letters as John did today!
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Nice to see Tom Chafer-Cook solving the conundrum from the audience in this one. :)

I was very sad to have to go home after the end of this episode, as Ann had shown so much promise and I really wanted to be there the next day to hopefully get her to 8 wins. :)

UNEATEN in round 2 and ISOGENIC in round 13 as darrenic beaters. 8-) :geek: :ugeek: