Spoilers for Wednesday 24th February (Series 74 Prelim 23)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Spoilers for Wednesday 24th February (Series 74 Prelim 23)

Post by Steven M. McCann »

Paul by 90.
samir pilica
Acolyte

Re: Spoilers for Wednesday 24th February (Series 74 Prelim 23)

Post by samir pilica »

PODIATRY in PAROTID/AUDITORY round
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

So apparently BONAFIDE^ isn't a bona fide single word after all. Still very impressed with myself because I beat Paul 103-82 here.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Very bad luck with that final vowel pick in the last letters round Paul -- you were of course fishing for a U, and I fully expected you to get one as there hadn't been any in the two rounds previous either.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Paul Erdunast
Series 74 Champion

Post by Paul Erdunast »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Very bad luck with that final vowel pick in the last letters round Paul -- you were of course fishing for a U, and I fully expected you to get one as there hadn't been any in the two rounds previous either.
A bit like how I fished for an E in game 2 for NEOPLASIA with the current selection at PIANOLAS, and a 3rd A came up!

I noticed straight away that I'd missed POLUGARS (like I noticed straight away I'd missed LEPROID in game 3).

Still I've been pretty lucky with the letters all run so can't complain at all!