Spoilers for Tuesday 23rd February

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Laverty
Enthusiast

Spoilers for Tuesday 23rd February

Post by James Laverty »

Our very own Paul Erdunast is back for game no 4. Will it be another contestant from Take Me Out?

Let the Count, see the Down!
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 23rd February

Post by Peter Mabey »

First numbers alt:(100-3)x(4-1)
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

MIGALOO for an alt in R11
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

MATRILINE for a beater in R12
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Alt last numbers: (100-10)x(8-3)+1=451
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Says it all about Paul's run so far (and how much standards have risen in the last few years) that when I noticed on the wiki that he'd scored 113 today, my immediate thought was "oh, I wonder what went wrong?".
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Yeah, he sure knows what he's doing. I think he is very slightly behind Dylan and Jen's max rate, but he's playing safe on the numbers rounds and not risking dodgy words, so The Record Holder might be in trouble. It's a hell of a standard to maintain for 4 more shows though.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Innis Carson wrote:Says it all about Paul's run so far (and how much standards have risen in the last few years) that when I noticed on the wiki that he'd scored 113 today, my immediate thought was "oh, I wonder what went wrong?".
Yeah, if this had been the only game of his I'd seen, I'd be thinking "How did this chancer get through an audition?"
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I always catch the last 10 minutes or so of the morning repeat and those last 10 minutes were pretty awkward viewing seeing the challenger not add to her score at all. And then her comment of "I just want to go home", despite bringing a sympathetic laugh from the audience, was painfully honest. But then what are you supposed to do in Paul's case? Well done again Paul, everything I've seen so far has been flawless.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I always catch the last 10 minutes or so of the morning repeat and those last 10 minutes were pretty awkward viewing seeing the challenger not add to her score at all. And then her comment of "I just want to go home", despite bringing a sympathetic laugh from the audience, was painfully honest. But then what are you supposed to do in Paul's case? Well done again Paul, everything I've seen so far has been flawless.
Is she not also the only person so far to take points off Paul though?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon Corby wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:I always catch the last 10 minutes or so of the morning repeat and those last 10 minutes were pretty awkward viewing seeing the challenger not add to her score at all. And then her comment of "I just want to go home", despite bringing a sympathetic laugh from the audience, was painfully honest. But then what are you supposed to do in Paul's case? Well done again Paul, everything I've seen so far has been flawless.
Is she not also the only person so far to take points off Paul though?
I didn't see her score any points in the last section I watched. I was convinced she was just given 15 points by default at the start of the show.