Spoilers For Monday January 25th 2016

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday January 25th 2016

Post by James Robinson »

So, we've now finished the Champion of Champions festivities for probably another 3 years minimum, but luckily with COLIN this weekend, the level of skill will hopefully be maintained there.

But, in the meantime on screen, it's time for Series 74 to begin. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

It seemed like 6 weeks ago when we saw Tim Down win his first show, and it was actually. :P So, now it's his first game in the champions' chair. Will he be the first octochamp of 2016, possibly........ :? :?:

Journalist and newsreader Nicholas Owen makes his first appearance in DC since Series 62 six years ago this week.

Join Andy for the recap later. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers For Monday January 25th 2016

Post by Tony Atkins »

Oh dear they missed a chance to mention it is Burns' Night as PLAIDED was there as an alt in R13.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Post by Steven M. McCann »

UNSPARED or UNDRAPES in the PANDERS round, Champion Nick looks vulnerable, I would be amazed if he ends up an Octuchamp.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Steven M. McCann wrote:Champion Nick looks vulnerable, I would be amazed if he ends up an Octuchamp.
Me too, especially as he lost his first game.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

LOL I meant Tim of course, but my Octuchamp comment still stands.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I think the second 4-large pick was a mistake as he had a decent lead at the time. It very nearly cost him.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Steven M. McCann wrote:UNSPARED or UNDRAPES in the PANDERS round, Champion Nick looks vulnerable, I would be amazed if he ends up an Octuchamp.
You playing with the Touchy Words dictionary again? cause those sure as hell ent in ours.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I'll bet Hassan Mumin either enjoyed today's conundrum scramble or was seriously freaked out by it.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Got it in one, Zarte, the Touchy Words dictionary has my vocabulary damaged beyond repair (as regards Countdown) on the plus side I'm still the number 1 Touchy Words player!
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Having now missed it twice in a few days I need to write down "ugliest + o = eulogist" 10 times before CoBristol!
Dan McColm
Series 71 Champion

Post by Dan McColm »

Philip Wilson wrote:Having now missed it twice in a few days I need to write down "ugliest + o = eulogist" 10 times before CoBristol!
Yeah me too :D
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Dan McColm wrote:
Philip Wilson wrote:Having now missed it twice in a few days I need to write down "ugliest + o = eulogist" 10 times before CoBristol!
Yeah me too :D
Lol, oops, sorry :-)
Tim Down
Acolyte

Post by Tim Down »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I think the second 4-large pick was a mistake as he had a decent lead at the time. It very nearly cost him.
I disagree. I was always backing myself on 4-large and adding 10 points to my lead at that stage, which nearly happened, would have made it difficult for Nick to come back from. I was very nervous for that game, the first one after a 6-week break between recordings in which I'd built up pressure on myself, hence the freeze when trying to remember my solution (which was essentially the same as Rachel's).