Spoliers for Friday 27th November 2015

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Spoliers for Friday 27th November 2015

Post by Jon Corby »

So, today is Black Friday.

Post stuff here.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoliers for Friday 27th November 2015

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Except it's not Friday the 13th so it's not. Champion blagged that numbers, right Corby?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Yeah, seemed that way. There's a "You're The Ref" about that, isn't there? Possibly also exploring what would happen if he was going second and had to show his paper without the final step...
Paul Erdunast
Series 74 Champion

Post by Paul Erdunast »

When else has the conundrum been a word with 2 anagrams where you have to get the other word? Don't think I've seen that before except from teatime teasers
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:Yeah, seemed that way. There's a "You're The Ref" about that, isn't there? Possibly also exploring what would happen if he was going second and had to show his paper without the final step...
I had a look in that thread and there was a thing where you accidentally get it bang on with an intermediate step so this is slightly different because he still had to make up the last step. But even then he tried to add 8 before changing it to 10.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Paul Erdunast wrote:When else has the conundrum been a word with 2 anagrams where you have to get the other word? Don't think I've seen that before except from teatime teasers
It's happened quite a few times before. From memory, they've used GERANIUMS -> MEASURING, POLYTHENE -> TELEPHONY, HURRICANE -> RAUNCHIER, GANGLIONS -> SINGALONG, and probably more.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Paul Erdunast wrote:When else has the conundrum been a word with 2 anagrams where you have to get the other word? Don't think I've seen that before except from teatime teasers
Assuming you mean "a word with 1 anagram", Mike Brown seems to think this was the first time it was done.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.