Spoilers for S22 P20 (repeated on Friday 25th September 2015)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers for S22 P20 (repeated on Friday 25th September 2015)

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Today's second game.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for S22 P20 (repeated on Friday 25th September 2015)

Post by Gavin Chipper »

At 77, Harry would be about 101 today. So David Webb and Carol are probably the only survivors from this show. Potentially there could be games where only Carol is left.
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Post by Steven M. McCann »

Is David channelling Julian Clary?
After Harry declared GROUT the first 2 rounds I was hoping for the 3rd selection to give him the opportunity to land the hat-trick,alas it was not to be.
Harry Grout of course was Norman Stanley Fletcher's nemesis in Porridge.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

It's interesting that Richard said that David was good at the numbers, because I don't think he has been. He's doing maths research (well he was in 1991) but he's also a scrabbler, and it seems that the scrabble trumps the maths research (scrabblers often being poor at the numbers).

He was also in the 30th Birthday special thing where he lost his only game to Darryl Francis, missing two of the three (gettable) numberses, costing him the game.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Gavin Chipper wrote:It's interesting that Richard said that David was good at the numbers, because I don't think he has been. He's doing maths research (well he was in 1991) but he's also a scrabbler, and it seems that the scrabble trumps the maths research (scrabblers often being poor at the numbers).

He was also in the 30th Birthday special thing where he lost his only game to Darryl Francis, missing two of the three (gettable) numberses, costing him the game.
David is a smart chap, he spotted a flaw on the Bob Holness Raise the Roof game show, I think he went on to win a house.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jojo Apollo wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:It's interesting that Richard said that David was good at the numbers, because I don't think he has been. He's doing maths research (well he was in 1991) but he's also a scrabbler, and it seems that the scrabble trumps the maths research (scrabblers often being poor at the numbers).

David is a smart chap, he spotted a flaw on the Bob Holness Raise the Roof game show, I think he went on to win a house.
Oh, that was him, was it?? I remember watching the show, "Game Show Losers", the night before my first audition 13 years ago, and that was shown on it. :)
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

I'm a week behind now with these so just watched this one. Is waspier the first word that's cropped up in this series that was disallowed then but is ok now? I don't remember much being disallowed so far.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

James Robinson wrote:
Jojo Apollo wrote:

Oh, that was him, was it?? I remember watching the show, "Game Show Losers", the night before my first audition 13 years ago, and that was shown on it. :)
Yes that was him, he also had a good run on 100%.