Spoilers for Tuesday May 5th 2015 (S72 P79)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday May 5th 2015 (S72 P79)

Post by Jordan F »

Robert Baxter is up to his second win so far. Can he get his third in the only other Countdown of the week?

Join James L. for the recap later.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday May 5th 2015 (S72 P79)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Not a very exciting show today, I take it.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Apparently guest Chirs Hollins was the first ever Arsenal mascot! As I would have been present at that game I do not remember the incident itself.

Mauro
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Not a very exciting show today, I take it.
It wasn't too bad, David was a decent challenger, but we said that about Liam last week, and he was gone next show........... :roll: Although, he did get the conundrum which I was nowhere close to :!: :P :P

SENHORA in round 2, MUTAGENS in round 5 and ROTIFER in round 13.

4th Numbers Alt.: (50 - 5) x (7 - (100 / (75 + 25))) = 270
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Robert Baxter is a pseudonym of Rhys Benjamin. I knew he was going to be on in the near future, but I wasn't sure exactly when. He must only be about 16 or 17, so it shows how much being a Tory ages you. It corrodes your soul. Sad to see you lose, Rhys. But I'll be less sad when you lose the election.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Robert Baxter is a pseudonym of Rhys Benjamin. I knew he was going to be on in the near future, but I wasn't sure exactly when. He must only be about 16 or 17, so it shows how much being a Tory ages you. It corrodes your soul. Sad to see you lose, Rhys. But I'll be less sad when you lose the election.
True about Robert Baxter, but the real Rhys Benjamin will be on the show at the start of the next series, which is in about 6 weeks time. ;) :) :D
David Pooley

Post by David Pooley »

Hi! Finally managed to register my account :)

Round 1: I think I was too nervous to see anything other than the 5 I got. I was happy to get off zero!
Round 2: The spelling of a mathematician I'm afraid.
Round 3: That felt much better. A simple enough solve I thought but was happy to take the lead.
Round 4: Robert was a little unlucky. I had PROVIDE and FORGIVE written down and I chose the former.
Round 5: I think we both saw that 8 with the first 8 letters.
Round 6: Doh! I'd been practicing with 4 large numbers for a few months before. Can't believe I didn't then declare 672.
Round 10: I had WHIRLER written down but decided not to risk it.
Round 11: Ditto. I had PELOTONS written down but wasn't 100% sure of the spelling.
Round 12: I don't think I would ever have got that 9!
Round 14: I think Robert had given up at that point. No declaration for an easy enough numbers?
Round 15: I just kept thinking "where on earth am I supposed to put the K?" then it hit me.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

David Pooley wrote:Hi! Finally managed to register my account :)

Round 1: I think I was too nervous to see anything other than the 5 I got. I was happy to get off zero!
Round 2: The spelling of a mathematician I'm afraid.
Round 3: That felt much better. A simple enough solve I thought but was happy to take the lead.
Round 4: Robert was a little unlucky. I had PROVIDE and FORGIVE written down and I chose the former.
Round 5: I think we both saw that 8 with the first 8 letters.
Round 6: Doh! I'd been practicing with 4 large numbers for a few months before. Can't believe I didn't then declare 672.
Round 10: I had WHIRLER written down but decided not to risk it.
Round 11: Ditto. I had PELOTONS written down but wasn't 100% sure of the spelling.
Round 12: I don't think I would ever have got that 9!
Round 14: I think Robert had given up at that point. No declaration for an easy enough numbers?
Round 15: I just kept thinking "where on earth am I supposed to put the K?" then it hit me.
Hi David and Welcome to C4C
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover