Spoilers for Thursday January 29th 2015 (S72 P19)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday January 29th 2015 (S72 P19)

Post by Jordan F »

Tracey Mills got her highest score yesterday in her sixth win. Can she get a 7th? I don't know who her opponent is, but James does, so join him for that announcement, as well as the recap later.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for Thursday January 29th 2015 (S72 P19)

Post by James Robinson »

If you read my recap yesterday, you'll find that I said her opponent is Martin McConachie, a very charming bloke from the Westcountry , he's actually been trying to become a member on here, but has had a few admin issues.

Anthony Endsor also joined me and dad in the audience for this one. Hopefully, a magnificent 7 for Tracey today. ;) :) :D

I will also be making an announcement in my recap later too......
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

DENATURE beats NATURED !
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I think we recognise the guy winning the mug there!
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

is it just me or did the conundrum solver remind anyone of the kid from this episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sshkguxd7zg
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

One 7 available as a beater in the SILOES+WDY round, which I didn't get though it should have leapt out.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Tony Atkins wrote:I think we recognise the guy winning the mug there!
I know him from somewhere :D :) :lol: :twisted: 8-) :mrgreen:
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

James Robinson wrote:If you read my recap yesterday, you'll find that I said her opponent is Martin McConachie, a very charming bloke from the Westcountry , he's actually been trying to become a member on here, but has had a few admin issues.

Anthony Endsor also joined me and dad in the audience for this one. Hopefully, a magnificent 7 for Tracey today. ;) :) :D

I will also be making an announcement in my recap later too......
In addition to Martin McConachie having admin issues, my husband is trying to become a member of C4C but is having similar problems.
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
James S Roper
Acolyte

Post by James S Roper »

Nice to see Robbo at the end there. :D

DEUTERON in whatever round featured NATURED/DENATURE.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

James S Roper wrote:Nice to see Robbo at the end there. :D

DEUTERON in whatever round featured NATURED/DENATURE.
Yes good to see you James, and you were lucky being allowed to give the conundrum answer as an ex-contestant.I had my head bitten off for putting my hand up for an audience conundrum a few years ago which is why I no longer go to the studios.

Enjoying the run Tracey, hope to see you keep it going!
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Richard Priest wrote:Yes good to see you James, and you were lucky being allowed to give the conundrum answer as an ex-contestant.I had my head bitten off for putting my hand up for an audience conundrum a few years ago which is why I no longer go to the studios.
Wait, what?

Given a choice of raised hands, I can understand them preferring to pick a new face rather than the same old ex-contestants all the time, but previous contestants have been seen answering the conundrum many times before (e.g. Kirk Bevins, Phil Jarvis, Tracey herself). "Biting your head off" sounds very unlike any Countdown crew I've met. When was this?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

So, I finally made it back on Countdown after all this time :!: :!: :!:

It was definitely something I had been wanting to do, especially as my mug I won on the show broke a while ago. :idea:

But, it was great following Tracey's progress further, and also in meeting Martin, who I saw put up a message on Twitter a few days earlier, and who mentioned that he had been following the forum for a while from the background. ;) :) :D
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Graeme Cole wrote:
Richard Priest wrote:Yes good to see you James, and you were lucky being allowed to give the conundrum answer as an ex-contestant.I had my head bitten off for putting my hand up for an audience conundrum a few years ago which is why I no longer go to the studios.
Wait, what?

Given a choice of raised hands, I can understand them preferring to pick a new face rather than the same old ex-contestants all the time, but previous contestants have been seen answering the conundrum many times before (e.g. Kirk Bevins, Phil Jarvis, Tracey herself). "Biting your head off" sounds very unlike any Countdown crew I've met. When was this?
About 5 or 6 years ago I think when I put my hand up and was abruptly told "Richard, you've been a contestant" as though I'd been told many times before that contestants weren't supposed to put their hands up, which I hadn't, and given that as you say other contestants put their hands up I didn't see why I shouldn't. More than anything it was the tone it was said in.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Who said it?