Spoilers for Thursday January 8th 2015 (S72 P4)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday January 8th 2015 (S72 P4)

Post by Jordan F »

Andy Noden is half way there with win number 4. Can he break into the second half with a fifth today?

Join James for the recap later.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Thursday January 8th 2015 (S72 P4)

Post by Tony Atkins »

No beaters today, I think, but AZURITE for a nice alt in R5. I foolishly went for Samoyed in R12.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

BTW 818 is possible. Anyone get it?
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Post by Steven M. McCann »

Scrabble, Words With Friends & (before anyone says it!) Touchy Words too, all allow JOISTING, but unfortunately for Michael, Susie didn't!
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Can you not have VIRGATES in Round Two as an equaller?

One equaller every six months...
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Matty Artell
Rookie

Post by Matty Artell »

I wonder if Jon Culshaw will ever stop doing his impression of a massive bellend?
#LoweringTheTone

Edit: While I stand by the original sentiment of this comment based on the limited impression (ayy) I had of him at the time, I no longer think Jon Culshaw is a bellend in the slightest, and I also feel bad for saying such a thing about such an exceedingly nice, funny person. He'll probably never read this, nor would he care, but I'd like to apologise to Jon for this vacuous comment.
Last edited by Matty Artell on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:Can you not have VIRGATES in Round Two as an equaller?

One equaller every six months...
Indeed, VIRGATES was mine (along with VIBRATES.) :geek:

What a weird show, Andy actually MAXED the letters rounds, whereas Michael scored 0 in the letters rounds, and the only time they both scored in the same round was the last numbers game........ 8-) :? :shock: :o :geek: :ugeek:

ARTSIER from me and AZURITE from my dad (as well as Tony) in round 5 and GOPURA/RAGOUT in round 8.

4th Numbers Alts.: (25 x 8) + (6 x 10) - 7 AND 100 + 25 + ((10 + 6) x 8) = 253
Tony Atkins wrote:I foolishly went for Samoyed in R12.
Remember, it's SOMEDAY, not Samoyed. :P ;) :idea: :ugeek:
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Matty Artell wrote:I wonder if Jon Culshaw will ever stop doing his impression of a massive bellend?
#LoweringTheTone
Eh? He's one of the most popular guests on Countdown. A bad guest is one who doesn't take an interest in the game, just occasionally mumbles some words off Susie's paper when prompted, wondering if it's time to plug their new book/show/whatever yet. Jon Culshaw is the opposite of all that. In particular, I thought his story on Monday about accidentally meeting Elisabeth Sladen while dressed as Tom Baker was excellent.

Unless that's not what you meant. In which case, stop talking about Alan Bennett like that.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Graeme Cole wrote:
Matty Artell wrote:I wonder if Jon Culshaw will ever stop doing his impression of a massive bellend?
#LoweringTheTone
Eh? He's one of the most popular guests on Countdown. A bad guest is one who doesn't take an interest in the game, just occasionally mumbles some words off Susie's paper when prompted, wondering if it's time to plug their new book/show/whatever yet. Jon Culshaw is the opposite of all that. In particular, I thought his story on Monday about accidentally meeting Elisabeth Sladen while dressed as Tom Baker was excellent.

Unless that's not what you meant. In which case, stop talking about Alan Bennett like that.
+1 Graeme. He was the guest when I filmed and I was delighted to discover he's a thoroughly friendly and talkative man. Been a big fan of his for years, and thought I'd be disappointed cause I always seem to get good luck with meeting people I've admired and it couldn't last forever, but no - thoroughly decent bloke.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote:
#LoweringTheTone

+1 Graeme. He was the guest when I filmed and I was delighted to discover he's a thoroughly friendly and talkative man. Been a big fan of his for years, and thought I'd be disappointed cause I always seem to get good luck with meeting people I've admired and it couldn't last forever, but no - thoroughly decent bloke.
+1,000. His anecdotes are actually worth watching, such as the time he did about 15 different impressions without a break and how they sounded similar to the previous one. Problem is I can only remember his transition from Ian Hislop into Boris Johnson.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Zarte Siempre wrote: I always seem to get good luck with meeting people I've admired
Stop, you're embarrassing me :oops: