Spoilers for Tuesday December 2nd 2014 (S71 P

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday December 2nd 2014 (S71 P

Post by Jordan F »

This is one of the most important prelims of the series. Antoinette Ryan is going for her fifth win. More than that, if she wins, she will guarantee herself the last place in the series 71 finals. If she loses, she's still in decent shape to make it, but it would be nice to lock it up I'm sure. Let's see if she does.

Join Callum for the recap sometime before 2017.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday December 2nd 2014 (S71 P

Post by Jon Corby »

Jordan F wrote:If she loses, she's still in decent shape
FFS Jordan, have you not read Friday's spoiler thread?
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

CAPONISED for 9 in R13 (didn't hear if it was said)
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Jon Corby wrote:
Jordan F wrote:If she loses, she's still in decent shape
FFS Jordan, have you not read Friday's spoiler thread?
lol
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Jordan F wrote:CAPONISED for 9 in R13 (didn't hear if it was said)
I think that was the only beater and being a 999 show I make the max 156 today.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
George Pryn
Acolyte

Post by George Pryn »

Tony Atkins wrote:
Three more nines?? Oh my god!!! :o :shock: :o :shock: :o

I must admit I am a teeny weeny little bit COMPLETELY JEALOUS :cry: of how many nines you've had available compared to my ONE, but they haven't been particularly easy so I'll get over it.

With already 9 nines being available to Antoinette, is she approaching some sort of record for the most available in a run? Potentially three more games, wonder if we'll see any more??? If so, in one series both the most and fewest number of 9s available in an octorun records will be given out (albeit mine's a tie). :D

Good luck for your next games Antoinette!!! Doesn't really matter now though as you're in the FINALS!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:
I have the max at 157 again, like Antoinette's first game, mainly cos KATHODES was available in round 8. I only missed LADDERING for a max game, luckily realising that draglined wasn't in. :P

4th Numbers Alt.: ((2 x 25) + 5 + 4) x 7 = 413
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

George, not sure about 9s but I think Glen Webb had a fairly enormous potential max of about 1093 available points, compared to the new format average of 1030. I can't remember what yours was, but with your maths skills I guess you can work it out (although I know 4 large is your speciality rather than 8 small).

Good luck to yourself and Antoinette in the finals, although it's a very likeable bunch all round this series.
George Pryn
Acolyte

Post by George Pryn »

Fred Mumford wrote:George, not sure about 9s but I think Glen Webb had a fairly enormous potential max of about 1093 available points, compared to the new format average of 1030. I can't remember what yours was, but with your maths skills I guess you can work it out (although I know 4 large is your speciality rather than 8 small).

Good luck to yourself and Antoinette in the finals, although it's a very likeable bunch all round this series.
Thanks for the luck Fred! :D

Yeah my max was 988 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but that's ok :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I guess :cry: :cry: :cry:
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

George Pryn wrote:Yeah my max was 988 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but that's ok :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I guess :cry: :cry: :cry:
The lowest max for any 8 consecutive games since the format change is 979, and the highest is 1101, so that illustrates how unlucky you were.

Craig B. Vorrs had a notably low 987, but it was concluded that the new format is worth about 17 points per octorun so you're even more hard done by than he was. And he has the world Scrabble championship to console him. I think he's probably OK about it all these days, to be honest. So you see George, there is still hope. You are too young to let it ruin your life. You will still be able to find work in a supermarket or something.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Also don't forget Beevers is quite the knob. Not sure how that factors in but it should.