Shrinidhi on Child Genius

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jayne Wisniewski
Rookie

Shrinidhi on Child Genius

Post by Jayne Wisniewski »

Just spotted in the Radio Times that 11 year old Shrinidhi , who has attended a number of Co events and is an apterite is to appear on a channel 4 programme next week called Child Genius. Shrinidhi, as I understand passed the audition for Countdown but fell foul of a new rule change that excludes under 16s. Should be interesting.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/chil ... /episode-1
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Shrinidhi on Child Genius

Post by James Robinson »

Aopparently, Nick, Rachel and Susie will meet Shrnidhi in this epsiode. So, if she can't come to Countdown, Countdown will come to her. 8-)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Pretty rubbish programme all in all.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Tonight''s episode featured Shrinidhi watching Philip Jarvis getting AGONISED and Shrinidhi talking about her "hero" Susie Dent.

I was also featured giving Oscar Selby a prize in the British Youth Go Championships
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jesus. This programme. I particularly think that having a debating round where you can get your parents to write your speech is a very good way of measuring someone's "genius".
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Tony Atkins wrote:Tonight''s episode featured Shrinidhi watching Philip Jarvis getting AGONISED and Shrinidhi talking about her "hero" Susie Dent.
It was round 7 of the programme from 5th March - Rachael Moran v Philip Jarvis NSXDEAOGI

Also showed Susie talking about her favourite word "durdledundoo" or some such, and Rachel putting up the letters
before showing Rachael and then Philip - with Shrinidhi being pleased she got agonised too.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

I thought I recognised Tony in last night's episode. Hi Tony :-)

We could even have met Oscar at the MSO in recent years too! Jessica also holds MSO medals and trophies which are in her trophy cabinet.

Many congratulations to Shrinidhi as we have been following the programme intently. We know that Shrinidhi *has* passed the Countdown interview but has to wait until she's reached the age she can appear on the programme (16 or 18) under the new regulations and guidelines. My other daughter Natasha is also keen to appear but I am waiting until she gets older to fill in the details.

Is it possible for Shrinidhi to appear in a "Special"? Damian? Then she would get to meet Susie first hand and all the other staff who make the programme possible. Is there a rule that she has to appear on the programme first before being invited for a special? Her opponent could be Jessica! Jess wouldn't mind too much if she was selected to be her victim! Not only have they been playing Scrabble on line ever since they knew each other but Jessica has been helping her improve her Scrabble and Shrinidhi aspires to become UK youth Scrabble champion eventually just like Jessica twice was.

Who knows.... perhaps QUIXOTIC might come up from the selection.

Mauro
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Tony Atkins wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:Tonight''s episode featured Shrinidhi watching Philip Jarvis getting AGONISED and Shrinidhi talking about her "hero" Susie Dent.
It was round 7 of the programme from 5th March - Rachael Moran v Philip Jarvis NSXDEAOGI

Also showed Susie talking about her favourite word "durdledundoo" or some such, and Rachel putting up the letters
before showing Rachael and then Philip - with Shrinidhi being pleased she got agonised too.
Hell of a shock when I watched this. Kerry sent me a message to say she'd seen me on the programme. I thought she was joking about seeing a lookalike and I watched it out of curiosity. I nearly fell off the sofa when my appearance flashed up. Shortly after that I did a double take when I saw Tony. Looks like Apterites are taking over C4.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"