De Chiffres et Des Lettres live on France 3

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
szodiac
Enthusiast

De Chiffres et Des Lettres live on France 3

Post by szodiac »

Sorry if this message has posted before....

Fed up of the horse racing ruining our fix of Countdown. Want to watch the French version instead? Are you free from 3.10pm-3.45pm?

Avez-vous des Internet?

Well log onto http://www.filmon.com/#France-3 at 3.10pm every week day to watch the programme for free.

You might get the annoying statutory ad for 30 seconds at the beginning but the picture is good and *it is free* (You may need to log in or confirm your location).

Watch how Countdown could be presented !?

Mauro

edit: then stay tuned for the following programme too. It's called Harry and is another word game!! Words in bubbles.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: De Chiffres et Des Lettres live on France 3

Post by Matt Morrison »

I just watched ten minutes of an interview. By "watched" I mean "loaded up then forgot about and spent the next ten minutes wondering what the fuck the weird background noise was on the music videos I was watching on YouTube".
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Excellent, I'd actually been looking for a way to watch this. Cheers Mauro!
Guy Barry
Acolyte

Post by Guy Barry »

szodiac wrote: edit: then stay tuned for the following programme too. It's called Harry and is another word game!! Words in bubbles.
My French isn't that brilliant but I could soon get addicted. If you stay tuned after Harry, there's a crossword-based game called Slam which I think is even better. Thanks for the link!

I'm certainly impressed by the presentation style of DCDL. I wonder why the British version didn't go down that route?
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Glad to pass on the link.
I don't know what I'll do when Countdown starts at 3.10pm from Monday 20th May.
May have to watch both at the same time or watch C4+1 and miss Harry :-)

Mauro
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

I watched today for the first time in a while and missed the opening, but I had a strange feeling I'd seen the current champion (Arnaud) before. Here's where. Has there any been any explanation as to why he's appearing now despite having already been on the show and winning 5 games only a few years ago? Are they still doing champions' specials, or do they just let the same people come back over and over again?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Innis Carson wrote:I watched today for the first time in a while and missed the opening, but I had a strange feeling I'd seen the current champion (Arnaud) before. Here's where. Has there any been any explanation as to why he's appearing now despite having already been on the show and winning 5 games only a few years ago? Are they still doing champions' specials, or do they just let the same people come back over and over again?
Fuck, that thing they do with his face appearing five times to mark his fifth victoire is incredible. How do we make this a thing on Countdown?
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Innis Carson wrote:I watched today for the first time in a while and missed the opening, but I had a strange feeling I'd seen the current champion (Arnaud) before. Here's where. Has there any been any explanation as to why he's appearing now despite having already been on the show and winning 5 games only a few years ago? Are they still doing champions' specials, or do they just let the same people come back over and over again?
They had just finished the Tournois club des cinque with eight players on five wins. Without checking I think Benoit beat Bruno 2-0 in the best of three final. Then Arnaud played current champion Richard for about four days. All a mystery to me as they talk so fast I can't follow it very well.

Mauro
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

What time of day is this on in France, then? 4.10pm? Are there any early-morning repeats like we have here? Might try to catch un épisode while I'm en France.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Adam Gillard wrote:What time of day is this on in France, then? 4.10pm? Are there any early-morning repeats like we have here? Might try to catch un épisode while I'm en France.
Yep, 4:10pm on France 3. No repeats as far as I'm aware though. Definitely recommend watching one if you haven't already, it makes for interesting viewing even if you can only understand bits of dialogue here and there.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Innis Carson wrote:
Adam Gillard wrote:What time of day is this on in France, then? 4.10pm? Are there any early-morning repeats like we have here? Might try to catch un épisode while I'm en France.
Yep, 4:10pm on France 3. No repeats as far as I'm aware though. Definitely recommend watching one if you haven't already, it makes for interesting viewing even if you can only understand bits of dialogue here and there.
Cool; thanks for the info.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."