Reddit IAmA Former Octochamp

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Reddit IAmA Former Octochamp

Post by Jon O'Neill »

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1 ... quiz_show/

For those not familiar with IAmAs, basically you say you're something interesting then answer questions about it.

I've done some detective work and it's Jeffrey Burgin.

Calm down, Phil.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Re: Reddit IAmA Former Octochamp

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

Can indeed confirm it is me, really didn't think it would take off in quite the way it has though- followed Reddit for a while now and this is the only thing I could think of which might interest people. Didn't mention Apterous or the forum as I felt it wasn't my place to and I was worried people might descend en masse, but I'm guessing with the stories in the papers about the site it wouldn't be hard for people to find it anyway/it's already known about. Hopefully I'm portraying Countdown in a reasonably positive light and generating interest in the show!
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

They love that IT Crowd episode don't they! It was great though.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

I guess I did mention it in the title, but the tnettenba references are a bit irksome now!
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I guess someone posted a link to apterous as about five or six people have signed up tonight and are playing.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

I think someone did yeah, glad it's only a few as I was massively worried loads of people would sign up and crash the site or something, hence why I chose not to give the name- I figured anyone interested enough (and thus serious enough) would dig around and find it anyway.
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

Just had a message from someone on facebook regarding this, whom I met years ago on a course (but sadly cannot remember). He thought you might be me. Thanks for your kind words about me on reddit and congrats on all the attention!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote:Calm down, Phil.
Indeed. He's already claimed one victim. By the way, read the comments. I'd call the name of the first commenter at least a medium level coincidence.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:Calm down, Phil.
Indeed. He's already claimed one victim. By the way, read the comments. I'd call the name of the first commenter at least a medium level coincidence.
If coincidence then :o