National Media Museum

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Kirk Bevins
God

National Media Museum

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I went to this museum in Bradford at the weekend and one of the sections of the museum is where you can watch old TV programmes. I chose Countdown and they only had one episode...was from 14th November 1996, Series 33 and was David Trace vs Russell Byers in the Supreme Championship. Was good to watch and compete as I had never watched a supreme championship episode before. The write up is here:

http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_1881

The conundrum is a nice scramble and was also apt as I'd spent the weekend doing just that!
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Re: National Media Museum

Post by Thomas Carey »

Been there many times as it's in my homecity. Seen the CD episode there once too.
cheers maus
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Ditto.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Not been there since the 80s on a school trip, they've made the name much more sensible! The IMAX was excellent.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Ian Volante wrote:Not been there since the 80s on a school trip, they've made the name much more sensible! The IMAX was excellent.
There is still the IMAX cinema inside this museum.