Summer Break/1001 Things You Should Know

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Summer Break/1001 Things You Should Know

Post by Karen Pearson »

Not sure if this should be in Off-Topic or not (apologies if it should).

Apparently Countdown will be off air for 6 weeks this summer and will be replaced by a new quiz called 1001 Things You Should Know (Possibly still a provisional title). Having auditioned last week, I think it'll be quite hard to win money on but I'm always up for a challenge!

Although there will be a host (unknown) for this show, the actual questions will be pre-recorded by celebrities/experts in the field relating to the question. For example, they implied that a maths question may well be asked by Rachel Riley.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Re: Summer Break/1001 Things You Should Know

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Upon seeing the title to this thread I thought Karen Pearson might be going on an exciting Summer break somewhere, and the first person to learn this list of 1001 things would get to go on an exotic holiday with her. Sadly this was not the case. Very disappointed :(
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Sorry Dinos! No summer break for me so no free exotic holidays for you! But you could apply for the quiz!
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

I thought Countdown would be on over the summer!

So, who's getting the 3:10 slot, Nicky Hewer or Sandi Toksvig?