This year's final?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
David Roe
Enthusiast

This year's final?

Post by David Roe »

Can anyone please tell me the date of this year's first season final? Presumably late June, but when exactly? Thanks in advance.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: This year's final?

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I assume it's going to be on a Friday, so most likely either 17 or 24 June.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

As has been mentioned in other places already, information passed onto me suggests that the final will actually be on June 3rd, quite earlier than normal, although until they're recorded on May 11th, we won't know the full story I suppose. :roll:
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

James Robinson wrote:As has been mentioned in other places already, information passed onto me suggests that the final will actually be on June 3rd, quite earlier than normal, although until they're recorded on May 11th, we won't know the full story I suppose. :roll:
Just had it confirmed via my internal sources, the final of Series 64 is definitely being broadcast on June 3.
Josh Hurst
Enthusiast

Post by Josh Hurst »

James Robinson wrote:
James Robinson wrote:As has been mentioned in other places already, information passed onto me suggests that the final will actually be on June 3rd, quite earlier than normal, although until they're recorded on May 11th, we won't know the full story I suppose. :roll:
Just had it confirmed via my internal sources, the final of Series 64 is definitely being broadcast on June 3.
Ah cock! Got my first (and last, woop!) uni exam that day from 2pm until 3.30pm. Guess I'll just have to go to the studio to watch it live then instead, and celebrate finishing uni by NOT watching Countdown. Wonder what I'll do instead? Although, I'm pretty sure I can persuade them to put the 2nd half on the TV's in the SU to make me look super special when I get all the maxes having seen Ed get them whilst dominating Adam a few weeks before.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

James Robinson wrote:my internal sources
Voices in your head?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I think I meant to make an "internal sauces" joke before but forgot.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:I think I meant to make an "internal sauces" joke before but forgot.
You still can.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

No.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Matt Morrison wrote:I think I meant to make an "internal sauces" joke before but forgot.
Do you mean the one about James Robinson masturbating over his Countdown calendar and his 'internal sauces' landing on the square marked June 3rd?
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

Who's going to watch the recordings? I'm there on May 11th for the last two quarters, the semis and the final. Can't choose between my 'epic cunt' or 'I conquered the world by winning Countdown' T-shirts though. ;)
Last edited by Chris Davies on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Chris Davies wrote:Who's going to watch the recordings? I'm there on June 11th
You sure about that, Chris :?: I don't think Jeff does Countdown Saturdays............. :oops:
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

James Robinson wrote:
Chris Davies wrote:Who's going to watch the recordings? I'm there on June 11th
You sure about that, Chris :?: I don't think Jeff does Countdown Saturdays............. :oops:
I may have meant May 11th. Edited to make you look silly :P