Origin of Words

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Origin of Words

Post by Peter Mabey »

I think that Susie's spot is sometimes unfairly skipped over in the recaps, as often more interesting than the DC guest's rabbiting on :shock:

Does anyone know how to ask her a question ? - there doesn't seem to be an address on the Channel4 site :x
(I'd like to find why pears are said to be so badly shaped) :?
John Gillies
Acolyte

Re: Origin of Words

Post by John Gillies »

Peter Mabey wrote:I think that Susie's spot is sometimes unfairly skipped over in the recaps, as often more interesting than the DC guest's rabbiting on :shock:

Does anyone know how to ask her a question ? - there doesn't seem to be an address on the Channel4 site :x
(I'd like to find why pears are said to be so badly shaped) :?
Yeah, I really like Susie's Origin of Words spot, too.
I just Googled your question and here's the answer from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pear-shaped

Saved you a stamp :!: :D
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

I'd really like Dusie to talk about because there are so vany possibilities, and Wikipedia is notoriously unreliable :roll:
BTW. I also found that Erik Satie, in respomse to a critic complaining that his music lacked form, published three pear-shaped pieces (3 morceaux en forme de poire (1903, 4 hands)) - but I don't know the term had any special meaning in Paris at that time :?
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

I would assume you'd just write to countdown@channel4.com as with any other message to the show.