How Bevins changed Britain

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jeff Clayton
Enthusiast

How Bevins changed Britain

Post by Jeff Clayton »

Tonight on Channel 4 was the climax to the series entitled "How TV Changed Britain", with a focus on game shows and quizzes.

As part of a feature on Weakest Link and a new genre of shows in which people turn on each other, Kirk appears and has a brief speaking role from his podium speaking to Ms Robinson.

The programme also features Countdown and celebrates the longstanding success of what is a relatively simple format, and overall is a very entertaining hour. Have a look in the usual places on Channel 4's website if you want to watch the programme again.

Jeff
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: How Bevins changed Britain

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I take it you're joking? Also, you can't watch it at the moment on 4oD apparently.
Jeff Clayton
Enthusiast

Post by Jeff Clayton »

I was gonna put something on your Facebook wall but it seems someone else got there first!

If 4oD isn't working, try the new Watch Online facility?

Jeff
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Nope, if you click Watch Online and then under "Free Catch-Up" the programme isn't listed. I hope I do get to watch it , I want to know what they say!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Also I thought the title of this thread was a pun on the fact that I beat Brittain in COOT and changed him as he was overly sad and decided to leave the country.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

That's what I thought on reading the title. A happy coincidence.