Tournoi Chiffres & Lettres de Paris, novembre 2010

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jeff Clayton
Enthusiast

Tournoi Chiffres & Lettres de Paris, novembre 2010

Post by Jeff Clayton »

Bonjour all

Just to announce that I took part in the Chiffres/Lettres tournament in Paris on Sunday 7 November. The French have now made the shift from nine to ten letters, and hitting a numbers game on the head is now worth ten points instead of nine before.

- 30-round qualifier: scored 217 out of a possible 254 (85.4%), with 88/100 on the numbers but just one 9-letter word. After the qualifier, players were put into five groups of eight and as I qualified in at 31st, I was the number 7 seed in group D. The minimum score to get into band C was 229; the top score was 250.

- Then followed seven 12-round matches (NLL x4) against all of the other players in the group, of which I won four - WLLDWWW. Two points for a win, one point each for a draw.

- Amassing nine points from seven games saw me finish 4th in our league, so 28th overall. The winner in group D scooped a full seven wins and 14 points.

Merci
Jeff
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Re: Tournoi Chiffres & Lettres de Paris, novembre 2010

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Only just seen the above post... good work Jeff - impressive stuff.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Well done Jeff :)
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

Jeff Clayton wrote:The French have now made the shift from nine to ten letters, and hitting a numbers game on the head is now worth ten points instead of nine before.
The French are weird.