Welcome! - Post here first

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Welcome! - Post here first

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11 am He's looking strong and settled.
He's looking like Kirk Bevins.
Danny Woodhouse

Post by Danny Woodhouse »

I'm Danny Woodhouse from the East-End

ive been watching Countdown since about the age of 6 in 1986- so ive lived through the grey/yellow cards, Cathy Hytner, the 500th show, Countdown Masters, the red/white cards, the 1000th show - and who'd have thought 29 years later we would be at 7000 odd programmes.
William Bermudez

Post by William Bermudez »

I'm William Bermudez from the US!

I'm a 25 year old substitute teacher in Chicago and first found out about Countdown on the old WeDigTV site back in 2007. I play Apterous and regularly watch Countdown on All 4 with a VPN. I enjoy game shows of all types, having auditioned in the past for Jeopardy, Millionaire, and $100,000 Pyramid, and I also enjoy playing drums and watching classic movies.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Hello all, hope the chat round here isn't too off-putting :)
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Welcome Danny and William :)
Jamie Smith

Re: Welcome! - Post here first An apology

Post by Jamie Smith »

Hi Countdowners

My name is Ashton Hancock, and I signed up to this website in May 2019, and I want to issue an apology.

I come on this website and acted like an arse for no reason, I just did it as one of many immature things I have done in my life, can I just open up on something.

I am a 12 year old boy with autism and mental health issues and I wanted some attention, I think it is right to apologize at this stage for everything that I have done and I want it to be put behind us all, In late June Charlie banned me from C4Countdown and he did the right thing, but now may you delete all my posts and forget them and give me a fresh start now you know who I am better, I will be attending CoLin 2020 and I don’t want any mentions of my actions when I attend this event. I hope you all accept my apology please give your honest thoughts on this thread.

Ashton
Andy Davis

Post by Andy Davis »

Hi C4Countdowners!!!

I’m Andy, I’m a maths tutor currently in lockdown here in Estonia 🇪🇪.

I’ve recently played my 1st game on Apto and I’m hoping to play CoApto on Saturday.

Stay safe everyone.
Andy Davis

Post by Andy Davis »

Hi C4Countdowners!!!

I’m Andy, I’m a maths tutor currently in lockdown here in Estonia 🇪🇪.

I’ve recently played my 1st game on Apto and I’m hoping to play CoApto on Saturday.

Stay safe everyone.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Hello and welcome!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Hello and welcome!
Anthony Mercer

Post by Anthony Mercer »

Hi! I'm Anthony, I'm a software analyst from London, and I've occasionally watched Countdown my whole life but started watching more regularly in lockdown and while working from home.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Hello and welcome!
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Welcome!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:33 pm Hello and welcome!
This might be the most desperate of all your 10 million posts.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:39 am
Jono said pretty much the same thing but I was just welcoming the new poster, unlike you unwelcoming and rude people.
Jonathan Willis

Post by Jonathan Willis »

Greetings from coronavirus ridden Quebec, Canada. I have loved the show for many years.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jonathan Willis wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:18 pm Greetings from coronavirus ridden Quebec, Canada. I have loved the show for many years.
I'd say hello and welcome but this might happen:
Matt Morrison wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:39 am
(We have some nutters on here but you have to get used to them.)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Jonathan Willis wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:18 pm Greetings from coronavirus ridden Quebec, Canada. I have loved the show for many years.
Welcome from a fellow Canuck! I'd suggest you try Apterous if you'd ever be interested in playing against the best.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Jonathan Willis

Thank you Gavin and Johnny. I am scared of getting into gaming as i had a brush with addiction to a game in the past.
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Jonathan Willis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am Thank you Gavin and Johnny. I am scared of getting into gaming as i had a brush with addiction to a game in the past.
Very wise!
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Jonathan Willis

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:35 am
Jonathan Willis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am Thank you Gavin and Johnny. I am scared of getting into gaming as i had a brush with addiction to a game in the past.
Very wise!
Lol.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Nothing to be ashamed of, unless it was "the game" rather than "a game". What was it?
Jonathan Willis

Matt Morrison wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:54 am
Nothing to be ashamed of, unless it was "the game" rather than "a game". What was it?
Fortnite
Patrick- McCurdie

Post by Patrick- McCurdie »

Was on the show in 2009 and won 1 game have reapplied to reappear some point hopefully.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Patrick- McCurdie wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:10 pm Was on the show in 2009 and won 1 game have reapplied to reappear some point hopefully.
Who did you beat, I wonder...??😛😉

Good to see you on here, Patrick.😄😎👍
Patrick- McCurdie

James Robinson wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm
Patrick- McCurdie wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:10 pm Was on the show in 2009 and won 1 game have reapplied to reappear some point hopefully.

Someone by the name of James Robinson :D :o

Nice to see you're still around, maybe you're due another crack at the show? I applied before christmas still waiting for an audition. I hadn't watched countdown for years until lockdown started then i started watching again and i decided to reapply after a few months of causual viewing :o
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Patrick- McCurdie wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:34 pm

Nice to see you're still around, maybe you're due another crack at the show? I applied before christmas still waiting for an audition. I hadn't watched countdown for years until lockdown started then i started watching again and i decided to reapply after a few months of causual viewing :o
I wish, unfortunately that was my 2nd attempt, and they seem to not want me to have a 3rd, even though at least 2 people have, but hey-ho, wouldn’t mind a rematch between us two.👍👍👍
Patrick- McCurdie

James Robinson wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:02 pm
Patrick- McCurdie wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:34 pm

I wish, unfortunately that was my 2nd attempt, and they seem to not want me to have a 3rd, even though at least 2 people have, but hey-ho, wouldn’t mind a rematch between us two.👍👍👍
I can't believe it has been 12 years! Seems like yesterday :D
roger burton

Post by roger burton »

Good morning ... Roger from Bexhill here, long time watcher, it helps, I hope, to keep my 70 year old beer soaked brain active.
roger burton

Post by roger burton »

Good morning ... Roger from Bexhill here, long time watcher, it helps, I hope, to keep my 70 year old beer soaked brain active.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Morning! Welcome!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Which of the above posters are Ashton Hancock do you all think?
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

All
Adam Latchford
Rookie

Post by Adam Latchford »

Hi all,

Played on series 83, preparing for the annihilation that comes my way in a potential COC / 40th birthday shindig. Nice to see you guys were nicer about me than digital spy was. Just.
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

Hey everyone!

I'm Andres and I'm from Florida in the U.S.! Picked up Countdown as a hobby over the pandemic and it was worth it. You may have seen me at CO:Lon mucking about and I hope to befriend more people here in the community!
One of da 'Muricans
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Welcome all.
Paolo Barresi

Post by Paolo Barresi »

My name is Paolo Barresi, I'm from Rome and I work at the Ministry of Culture of my country. I have always been a fan (and a champ) of “Paroliamo”, the Italian version of this game. At the moment, I hope I improve my English thanks to Countdown. I love cats, 70s music and science fiction.
Words long and prosper! :D
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Paolo Barresi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:37 pm My name is Paolo Barresi, I'm from Rome and I work at the Ministry of Culture of my country. I have always been a fan (and a champ) of “Paroliamo”, the Italian version of this game. At the moment, I hope I improve my English thanks to Countdown. I love cats, 70s music and science fiction.
Words long and prosper! :D
Saluti!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ben Bazz

Post by Ben Bazz »

Hello from me to you all.
Very pleased to have discovered Apterous recently; it seems like a great online community and obviously it's a lot of fun to play some Countdown when I should be working!
I used to enjoy watching Countdown as a youngster, mid to late '90s, and then didn't watch it at all for many years.
Only rediscovered it recently when I was invited to appear on the show. I am now addicted! I think Colin is a fantastic host and really enjoyed my off-air chats with him.
My run as Octochamp, and reaching the 800 club, was much more than I ever expected; a true honour to have had the opportunity to be part of such a great TV show.
Looking forwards, I would love to join in with live events but will have to wait until one takes place in the South West.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Ben Bazz wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:52 pm Hello from me to you all.
Very pleased to have discovered Apterous recently; it seems like a great online community and obviously it's a lot of fun to play some Countdown when I should be working!
I used to enjoy watching Countdown as a youngster, mid to late '90s, and then didn't watch it at all for many years.
Only rediscovered it recently when I was invited to appear on the show. I am now addicted! I think Colin is a fantastic host and really enjoyed my off-air chats with him.
My run as Octochamp, and reaching the 800 club, was much more than I ever expected; a true honour to have had the opportunity to be part of such a great TV show.
Looking forwards, I would love to join in with live events but will have to wait until one takes place in the South West.
Not quite south west (afaik none are planned) but you've got Reading in April and Oxford in June next year which are both easy enough on the train from Bristol/Exeter depending how far west you are!

https://focalcountdown.wordpress.com/upcomingevents/
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Fiona T wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:32 pm
Ben Bazz wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:52 pm Hello from me to you all.
Not quite south west (afaik none are planned) but you've got Reading in April and Oxford in June next year which are both easy enough on the train from Bristol/Exeter depending how far west you are!

https://focalcountdown.wordpress.com/upcomingevents/
Ah Bristol according to the wiki - easy then! Hope to see you at one or both!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Welcome anyone who has introduced themselves since I last posted!