Will the cold snap affect the show?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Will the cold snap affect the show?

Post by Martin Smith »

Question for Damian mostly - how many episodes for the new series are currently in the can? When is further filming scheduled, and how to those days look weather-wise for Manchester? Might local contestants have to go first if those in, say, northern Scotland are unable to travel down? I know there's always one standby contestant (usually a local) if somebody can't get there or there's an Octochamp, but will one be enough?
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Will the cold snap affect the show?

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Am I the only one that read the title of this thread as:

"Will the cold snap affect the snow?"
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Am I the only one that read the title of this thread as:
Nope, I thought that, too. lol
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Am I the only one that read the title of this thread as:

That's probably why you lost to Richard Pay in your one and only game (can't read).
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Martin Smith wrote:Question for Damian mostly - how many episodes for the new series are currently in the can? When is further filming scheduled, and how to those days look weather-wise for Manchester? Might local contestants have to go first if those in, say, northern Scotland are unable to travel down? I know there's always one standby contestant (usually a local) if somebody can't get there or there's an Octochamp, but will one be enough?
To answer the first question, I believe the first three weeks of series 62 shows were recorded before Christmas. The fourth, fifth and sixth weeks are due to be recorded next week, starting Monday (which is also the day that Chris is recording his BB performance).