Wilkommen!

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Wilkommen!

Post by Ben Wilson »

This forum should now be open to everyone who attended the series 61 finals (under group name 'The61ers'). Feel free to name anyone at the finals who I forgot to add.

And yes, this forum was made out of the charred remains of the series 60 finals board as it was easier that way. :)
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Wilkommen!

Post by Kirk Bevins »

So is it private from most people and thus spoilers can be written?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kirk Bevins wrote:So is it private from most people and thus spoilers can be written?
Yes (good work Ben).
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:So is it private from most people and thus spoilers can be written?
Yes (good work Ben).
No probs, my old sausageer. :)
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Ben Wilson wrote:Feel free to name anyone at the finals who I forgot to add.
Nice to see this forum set up. Well done Ben. There were quite a few more forum members present. You might want to include some of them.

There was the lady in the green dress who got the conundrum in the first SF. I think her name was Dinos. Also present were Richard Priest, Lesley Hines (QFs only, so better not include her), Alec Rivers, Mike Brown, Andy Wilson, Derek Hazell, Sue Sanders, Jack Hurst and Ryan Taylor. I'm sure I've missed at least one.
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:Feel free to name anyone at the finals who I forgot to add.
Nice to see this forum set up. Well done Ben. There were quite a few more forum members present. You might want to include some of them.

There was the lady in the green dress who got the conundrum in the first SF. I think her name was Dinos. Also present were Richard Priest, Lesley Hines (QFs only, so better not include her), Alec Rivers, Mike Brown, Andy Wilson, Derek Hazell, Sue Sanders, Jack Hurst and Ryan Taylor. I'm sure I've missed at least one.
Jeffrey Burgin, Bob De Caux, Damian, Lara.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Howard Somerset wrote:I'm sure I've missed at least one.
Josh Hurst has been forgotten - very odd ;)
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Thanks for Including me in this. Thoroughly enjoyed the day as did my mam. Was quite fascinated by the recording process/studio setup etc. and it struck me that despite having to listen to 'Dudley' everyday, the staff/crew all seemed to be having a good time on set. As well as this, I must confess I was a little nervous about meeting you guys (no offence, it's just the way I am), but you were all super nice and made me feel at ease.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Andy Wilson wrote:As well as this, I must confess I was a little nervous about meeting you guys (no offence, it's just the way I am), but you were all super nice and made me feel at ease.
Nice to meet you too, Andy - just a shame that you had to finish the day watching the Republic of Ireland getting robbed in the footy!
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Mike Brown wrote:
Andy Wilson wrote:As well as this, I must confess I was a little nervous about meeting you guys (no offence, it's just the way I am), but you were all super nice and made me feel at ease.
Nice to meet you too, Andy - just a shame that you had to finish the day watching the Republic of Ireland getting robbed in the footy!
Yeah, it was an interesting day in that respect. I rolled a smoke and sat on the steps of that amphitheatre by the canal and contemplated it all before heading back inside to the Hotel. It was poignant! I happened to be looking out the hotel window on Thursday morning by the way and who should stroll by the museum only Michael and yourself. I gave a yell out the window but my feeble cry was no match for the traffic noise.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Andy Wilson wrote:I happened to be looking out the hotel window on Thursday morning by the way and who should stroll by the museum only Michael and yourself. I gave a yell out the window but my feeble cry was no match for the traffic noise.
Sorry we missed you - you'll have to shout louder next time! :)