Question Time...................

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Post Reply
Chris Corby
Devotee
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Question Time...................

Post by Chris Corby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Can't see that this has been posted anywhere else but I see from next week's Radio Times that Carol Vorderman is a guest on Question Time on Thursday BBC1. :o

User avatar
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Derek Hazell » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Chris Corby wrote:Can't see that this has been posted anywhere else
Just here, but it's possibly worth having a new thread for if we can get enough people to watch it.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.

User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
Posts: 7982
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Jon Corby » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:11 am

Yeah, I forgot to watch. How did it go?

User avatar
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Derek Hazell » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:22 am

Jon Corby wrote:Yeah, I forgot to watch. How did it go?
It was alright. David Dimbleby had been injured, by his wife's bullock, so John Humphrys took over in the chair. And no, I'm not talking bullocks!
Humphrys couldn't seem to decide whether he was chairing a debate or conducting an interview, so I will be glad to see Dimbleby back hopefully next week - just in time for Carol Vorderman's appearance!
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.

User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
Posts: 7982
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Jon Corby » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:33 am

Derek Hazell wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:Yeah, I forgot to watch. How did it go?
It was alright. David Dimbleby had been injured, by his wife's bullock, so John Humphrys took over in the chair. And no, I'm not talking bullocks!
Humphrys couldn't seem to decide whether he was chairing a debate or conducting an interview, so I will be glad to see Dimbleby back hopefully next week - just in time for Carol Vorderman's appearance!
Oh! I thought she was on last night. Next week then.

User avatar
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Derek Hazell » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:34 am

Jon Corby wrote:Oh! I thought she was on last night. Next week then.
Yep. I'll try and get Kieran, late of this parish to write an analysis/review of it, for anyone who can't be bothered to watch, as he wrote a brilliant one of the Nick Griffin episode.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by James Robinson » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:40 pm

NEWSFLASH

Carol Vorderman will NOT, I repeat, NOT, be appearing on tonight's Question Time from Leicester.

Her place seems to have gone to the ex-Labour, now Independent MP Clare Short.
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Derek Hazell » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 pm

James Robinson wrote:NEWSFLASH

Carol Vorderman will NOT, I repeat, NOT, be appearing on tonight's Question Time from Leicester.

Her place seems to have gone to the ex-Labour, now Independent MP Clare Short.
Oh, that's very annoying. Thanks for letting us know anyway James.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.

User avatar
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: S Yorks

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Ben Hunter » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:02 pm

James Robinson wrote:Carol Vorderman will NOT, I repeat, NOT, be appearing on tonight's Question Time from Leicester.
Thanks for repeating that, I almost didn't read the first NOT, meaning the information would have been lost to me forever.

Ralph Gillions
Devotee
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Ralph Gillions » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Carol Vorderman will be on Never Mind the Buzzcocks on the 9th of December.

User avatar
Ian Fitzpatrick
Enthusiast
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Wimborne, Dorset

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Ralph Gillions wrote:Carol Vorderman will be on Never Mind the Buzzcocks on the 9th of December.
After last night's show I had decided I wasn't going to bother any more.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum

Chris Corby
Devotee
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Chris Corby » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:50 am

I wish I had read this post earlier. I sat through Question Time looking at Nick Ferrari thinking how much Carol had let herself go...

David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion
Posts: 2010
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Question Time...................

Post by David O'Donnell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 am

Ben Hunter wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Carol Vorderman will NOT, I repeat, NOT, be appearing on tonight's Question Time from Leicester.
Thanks for repeating that, I almost didn't read the first NOT, meaning the information would have been lost to me forever.

:lol: I REPEAT :lol:

User avatar
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Derek Hazell » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Well, Carol still hasn't appeared on this. Presumably it would have been in her capacity as Tory Maths Czar. This week they had Tory Property Czar Kirsite Allsopp on, and it was so boring I had to give up on it.

You can catch Carol Vorderman on BBC iPlayer though. All this week she has been doing a feature on The One Show about the surprising way we use maths in everyday life, doing things such as parallel parking.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.

User avatar
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Derek Hazell » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:36 am

Ralph Gillions wrote:Carol Vorderman will be on Never Mind the Buzzcocks on the 9th of December.
Sample joke from guest host Frankie Boyle: "Did you ever see the irony in presenting a show aimed at old people waiting to die, and calling it "Countdown"?"
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4018
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Marc Meakin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:05 am

Derek Hazell wrote:
Ralph Gillions wrote:Carol Vorderman will be on Never Mind the Buzzcocks on the 9th of December.
Sample joke from guest host Frankie Boyle: "Did you ever see the irony in presenting a show aimed at old people waiting to die, and calling it "Countdown"?"
Frankie was on fire yesterday.
I bet the Editor earnt his corn that day.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by James Robinson » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 pm

It looks like Carol Vorderman will be on Question Time very soon. In 2 weeks and 2 days, to be exact. The only other confirmed guest at the moment is the Mayor of London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/progin ... ndex.shtml
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ralph Gillions
Devotee
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Ralph Gillions » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 pm

She is on now.
Being pretty forceful. I am a tad surprised by her dominant style.

User avatar
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 am
Location: London

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Michael Wallace » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:18 am

Thought Carol was a bit annoying (and seemed to spend all her time speaking to her notes, rather than the audience). But highlight of the evening has got to be Dimbleby interrupting Boris, in a tone one would only use with a five year old, with "now I know you're mayor of London and you like to have your say...".

User avatar
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja
Posts: 4307
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Jon O'Neill » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 am

http://twitter.com/#search?q=carol%20vorderman
She's not getting a lot of love on Twitter..

User avatar
Alec Rivers
Devotee
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Studio 57, Cheriton (Kent)
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Alec Rivers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Just watching it on iPlayer and absolutely A-lolled at Shirley Williams, who apparently can't count: (quote) "He appears not to have asked at any point, A. what he is going to do, B. what his intentions are and, secondly, why he doesn't fulfil the pledge ...". WTF? :shock:

User avatar
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 am
Location: London

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Michael Wallace » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Alec Rivers wrote:Just watching it on iPlayer and absolutely A-lolled at Shirley Williams, who apparently can't count: (quote) "He appears not to have asked at any point, A. what he is going to do, B. what his intentions are and, secondly, why he doesn't fulfil the pledge ...". WTF? :shock:
Like, OMG that's just so, like, totally outrageous.

Ralph Gillions
Devotee
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Ralph Gillions » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:02 pm

There are lots of unfavourable comments about Carol on the BBCs Points of View website.
She seems to have made a bad impression.

User avatar
Alec Rivers
Devotee
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Studio 57, Cheriton (Kent)
Contact:

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Alec Rivers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Ralph Gillions wrote:There are lots of unfavourable comments about Carol on the BBCs Points of View website.
She seems to have made a bad impression.
I thought she did fine to start with. Then, during the Venables discussion, she climbed up on a very high horse and, like some swivel-eyed lunatic, started spouting all sorts of misguided claptrap, in a manner so aggressive I found it rather disturbing. I wouldn't be surprised if, right now, she's sitting on a beach, in a robe, telling the sea to go away.

User avatar
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja
Posts: 4307
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Jon O'Neill » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 pm

She was out of her depth.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 9934
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 pm

I might watch this. It sounds fun.

Jojo Apollo
Devotee
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:29 am

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Jojo Apollo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:22 pm

It was very cringeworthy at times.

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by James Robinson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Even the Daily Mail seems to be anti-Carol on her performance on the show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ember.html

So bad, they even spelt her name wrong :!:
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 am
Location: London

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Michael Wallace » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:41 pm

James Robinson wrote:Even the Daily Mail seems to be anti-Carol on her performance on the show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ember.html

So bad, they even spelt her name wrong :!:
Strange - your link goes to a 'page not found' page, but it shows up on google, but you can't get to it via that, and for some reason there's no cache, either (a techno-fuist might be able to get around that, though). Maybe they took it down because someone realised it broke the party line?

User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Question Time...................

Post by James Robinson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Michael Wallace wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Even the Daily Mail seems to be anti-Carol on her performance on the show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ember.html

So bad, they even spelt her name wrong :!:
Strange - your link goes to a 'page not found' page, but it shows up on google, but you can't get to it via that, and for some reason there's no cache, either (a techno-fuist might be able to get around that, though). Maybe they took it down because someone realised it broke the party line?
Probs, it was taken down within 5 minutes of me putting it on here. :?
CO:WY 2020 CANCELLED :cry: :cry: :cry:

Liam Tiernan
Devotee
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Kildare, Rep. of Ireland

Re: Question Time...................

Post by Liam Tiernan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Jon O'Neill wrote:http://twitter.com/#search?q=carol%20vorderman
She's not getting a lot of love on Twitter..
Or in the New Statesman:http://bit.ly/bLlM0n
Some of the readers comments:

Fair play to Carol, it takes a special talent to out-bluster Boris Johnson but she managed it.

Carol Voldemort...

She even put Boris in the shade for stupidity - not an easy task.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests