Recording dates

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
AnnieHall
Acolyte

Recording dates

Post by AnnieHall »

I have got my recording date- 2nd November (Which, luckily for me, is the first day of my week off work!)

To be shown on 19th Nov- the "Countdown" starts here!
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Re: Recording dates

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

AnnieHall wrote:I have got my recording date- 2nd November (Which, luckily for me, is the first day of my week off work!)

To be shown on 19th Nov- the "Countdown" starts here!
You must be one of the last recordings for this series I'd imagine- best of luck!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Good luck :) Make sure to enjoy every second. Is that the last filming day of the series? If so I might be around, which would be cool.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Charlie Reams wrote:Good luck :) Make sure to enjoy every second. Is that the last filming day of the series? If so I might be around, which would be cool.
No, Charlie, I've been told by Saralee, the audience co-ordiantor, that the finals are being filmed November 17th & 18th.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

James Robinson wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Good luck :) Make sure to enjoy every second. Is that the last filming day of the series? If so I might be around, which would be cool.
No, Charlie, I've been told by Saralee, the audience co-ordiantor, that the finals are being filmed November 17th & 18th.
Oh, shame. Well if you win a few you might be back for that block, which means you get to meet me; there's a mixed blessing for you :lol:
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Is there any filming on the 5th of October? I might be in town with time to kill.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Ian Volante wrote:Is there any filming on the 5th of October? I might be in town with time to kill.
A few weeks ago I was offered tickets for that day so it may well be worth phoning and seeing if there are any left.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Rich Priest wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:Is there any filming on the 5th of October? I might be in town with time to kill.
A few weeks ago I was offered tickets for that day so it may well be worth phoning and seeing if there are any left.
Are any forumites planning to be there that day? And do we get any special privileges? :)
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Rich Priest wrote:
I don't think there'll be any left. I was booked to go in that day, but I got called up last week saying that they were moving into a smaller studio, so my booking was cancelled.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

James, have you got a season ticket this year?
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Post by Martin Smith »

Good luck Annie. I think a 2 1/2 week gap between recording and broadcast is quite short, mine was more like 7 weeks.
AnnieHall
Acolyte

Post by AnnieHall »

I am going to be in the 4th show recorded on the 2nd Nov, there are 5 on 3rd, then not till 16th, don't know when last ones in series will be, usually shown just before Christmas. My show will be shown on Nov 19th.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

AnnieHall wrote:I am going to be in the 4th show recorded on the 2nd Nov, there are 5 on 3rd, then not till 16th, don't know when last ones in series will be, usually shown just before Christmas. My show will be shown on Nov 19th.
I believe the last three heats of Series 61 will be the first three shows recorded on November 17th, followed by the first two quarter finals. The remaining quarters, the semis and the final are due to be recorded on the 18th.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Are any more apteroids applying/auditioning/recording/transmitting in the next few months?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Dent wrote:James, have you got a season ticket this year?
:D
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Are any more apteroids applying/auditioning/recording/transmitting in the next few months?
Probably.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Are any more apteroids applying/auditioning/recording/transmitting in the next few months?
There are a couple of newbies on the show next week.

Anthony Pinnell is on next Thursday and the following day forumite #1001 David Kurdynowski makes an appearance.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Mine is Tuesday 3rd of November with a possible return on the 16th. The e-mail wasn't clear which game I will be on, it just said to get there at 9:30.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Oliver Garner wrote:Mine is Tuesday 3rd of November with a possible return on the 16th. The e-mail wasn't clear which game I will be on, it just said to get there at 9:30.
FINALLY

(will do my best to nag Mom to bring me to support you :)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

And now we know. Next series Champion will be Oliver Garner.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Oliver Garner wrote:Mine is Tuesday 3rd of November with a possible return on the 16th. The e-mail wasn't clear which game I will be on, it just said to get there at 9:30.
Congrats mate.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Phew, Oliver won't be in series 62 now, unless I am thick and he is.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
FINALLY

(will do my best to nag Mom to bring me to support you :)
I still want Innis to win :)
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Oliver Garner is the best.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Jimmy Gough wrote:Oliver Garner is the best.
IAWTP
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

Ian Dent wrote:And now we know. Next series Champion will be Oliver Garner.
I think Messrs. Hulme, Davies and Carson might have something to say about that!

Well done though mate, assuming you play to your potential I'm sure we'll see you in the finals. Best of luck.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Phil Reynolds wrote: I believe the last three heats of Series 61 will be the first three shows recorded on November 17th, followed by the first two quarter finals. The remaining quarters, the semis and the final are due to be recorded on the 18th.
Wouldn't that be a bit odd? I mean that the last 3 heats could affect who is in the quarter finals.
A bit devastating, to say the least, to be called in for the finals, only to be told, "sorry, there were 3 games this morning and someone's just knocked you out". :shock:
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

Surely Oliver will be in the next series now?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Julie T wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote: I believe the last three heats of Series 61 will be the first three shows recorded on November 17th, followed by the first two quarter finals. The remaining quarters, the semis and the final are due to be recorded on the 18th.
Wouldn't that be a bit odd? I mean that the last 3 heats could affect who is in the quarter finals.
A bit devastating, to say the least, to be called in for the finals, only to be told, "sorry, there were 3 games this morning and someone's just knocked you out". :shock:
Can certainly happen though. Almost did in my series, and the #8 seed Patricia had taken a 12-hour train journey to get to the studios.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Julie T wrote:
Can certainly happen though. Almost did in my series, and the #8 seed Patricia had taken a 12-hour train journey to get to the studios.
Is a 9th stand-in contestant not called in anyway in case of last minute problems?
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

Stephen Porritt.
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

This is just a thought.

When I received my recording date and slot, I already knew from this forum that I had just escaped a probable early meeting with Andrew Hulme. Had it been practically certain, from information available here, that I was going to meet someone of that ilk first up, would I have found the perfect reason for being unavailable, hoping for better luck another day? I think I probably would.

As it turned out, there was a canny Scot at the studio who to my knowledge hadn't let on. Isn't that a better way?

I realise not everyone who posts a future recording date here is as formidable as those guys, but I can't imagine I'm the only run-of-the-mill upcoming contestant looking for this sort of information.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Clive Brooker wrote:I realise not everyone who posts a future recording date here is as formidable as those guys, but I can't imagine I'm the only run-of-the-mill upcoming contestant looking for this sort of information.
Given that you're a rather better than average contestant, I'd say it would be in the interests of even a very good player to try to encourage you to skip the date!
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Ian Dent wrote:Surely Oliver will be in the next series now?
If the information on this thread/my maths is correct then there will be 5 shows on the 16th of November and 3 on the 17th and with him starting at some point on the 3rd of November he will have enough shows to finish his run, although there's a chance he could play his last heat game and quarter final in the same day!
Nick Deller
Rookie

Post by Nick Deller »

Matt Morrison wrote: Is a 9th stand-in contestant not called in anyway in case of last minute problems?
I imagine that's still the case. I was the "9th seed" back in 1994; series finals recorded on a Tuesday and Wednesday, having dropped from #8 to #9 as a result of games recorded on the Monday. Still asked to come up for the recording though. I recall being really rather graceless to the #1 seed after trouncing them from my comfortable seat in the audience. ;)

If my recollection is right, the #7 seed cut their honeymoon short in order to come to Leeds for the finals, which was unusually recorded as the 4th quarter-final. I've never forgiven him. :D

(EDIT - thinking about it, his honeymoon wasn't recorded as the 4th quarter-final. You know what I meant)

(Oh, and hi!)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Nick Deller wrote:(EDIT - thinking about it, his honeymoon wasn't recorded as the 4th quarter-final. You know what I meant)
Did you mean "I'm a massive prick"? Cos if so, then yes.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Nick Deller wrote:(Oh, and hi!)
Hi Nick.
I believe you're a friend of Martin Gardner.
But welcome anyway.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Jon Corby wrote:
Nick Deller wrote:(EDIT - thinking about it, his honeymoon wasn't recorded as the 4th quarter-final. You know what I meant)
Did you mean "I'm a massive prick"? Cos if so, then yes.
It can be tough out on these streets, Nick!!!
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Derek Hazell wrote:I believe you're a friend of Martin Gardner.
But welcome anyway.
:lol:
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Sue Sanders wrote: It can be tough out on these streets, Nick!!!
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

SUPERSANDERS
Fighting evil wherever it lurks.

'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
AnnieHall
Acolyte

Post by AnnieHall »

As previously posted, I was told my recording date on 17th Sept. They told me they would e-mail me details/paperwork, but they still haven't done so- and only 4 weeks to go now!

I've even been checking my spam folder every day in case it goes in there!

How long does it normally take until they do this? I didn't keep the contact number to call them back either!

can somebody please help me?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

AnnieHall wrote:As previously posted, I was told my recording date on 17th Sept. They told me they would e-mail me details/paperwork, but they still haven't done so- and only 4 weeks to go now!

I've even been checking my spam folder every day in case it goes in there!

How long does it normally take until they do this? I didn't keep the contact number to call them back either!

can somebody please help me?
Annie,

When I went not long ago there was a gap of less than 4 weeks between my audition and my recording!

I'd hold on for another 2 weeks, then get really worried if it definitely hasn't turned up!
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

4 weeks to go until 17th September?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

AnnieHall wrote:I was told my recording date on 17th Sept
Kai Laddiman wrote:4 weeks to go until 17th September?
If you look, Kai, she said she was told her recording date on September 17th, not that her recording date was September 17th.
AnnieHall
Acolyte

Post by AnnieHall »

Yes- phoned up on 17th Sept, recording in 4 weeks (2nd Nov)
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

AnnieHall wrote:Yes- phoned up on 17th Sept, recording in 4 weeks (2nd Nov)
Any idea what time you're up? I'm recording 20th October, and if I come back it'll be on the 2nd November. (I'd imagine you'll be pretty safe ;))
Lowering the averages since 2009
Martyn Simpson
Rookie

Post by Martyn Simpson »

Lesley Hines wrote:
AnnieHall wrote:Yes- phoned up on 17th Sept, recording in 4 weeks (2nd Nov)
Any idea what time you're up? I'm recording 20th October, and if I come back it'll be on the 2nd November. (I'd imagine you'll be pretty safe ;))
me too.... when's your first game scheduled for?
Tracey Mills

Post by Tracey Mills »

:D going to Granada studios on the 3rd of November to watch countdown being recorded looking forward to this yet again :D
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Annie Hall must be on the show next week, as it's Amanda Lamb week. So more fun to be had rooting for one of our forumites! Unless of course Ryan's still on when she's on, and loyalties have to be divided all over again.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Derek Hazell wrote:Annie Hall must be on the show next week, as it's Amanda Lamb week. So more fun to be had rooting for one of our forumites! Unless of course Ryan's still on when she's on, and loyalties have to be divided all over again.
We have apterite (and forum member I think) Martyn Simpson appearing on Thursday. Then another apterite Lucy Bolton on Friday. It really is exciting times.
Martyn Simpson
Rookie

Post by Martyn Simpson »

You're right, Kirk, I'm a forum member too!

I did try and put my posh voice on, so aplogies in advance if anyone cannot understand my dulcet Wolverhampton tones.