Countdown Calendar

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jayne Wisniewski
Rookie

Re: Countdown Calendar

Post by Jayne Wisniewski »

I have just checked my calendar and agree with John that this is very poor - letters and numbers games are duplicated in the exact same order from 20th December-31st December and 1st January - 12th January. At least the conundrums were different on these days I suppose but I cant help but feel cheated. Glad I bought mine after Xmas so got 40% off!
Stewart Holden
Series 51 Champion

Post by Stewart Holden »

This appears to be a printing error because the original files I submitted to the publisher contained different material for these dates. I have asked them to investigate; meanwhile, apologies for the duplication.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Stewart Holden wrote:This appears to be a printing error because the original files I submitted to the publisher contained different material for these dates. I have asked them to investigate; meanwhile, apologies for the duplication.
Nobody does any kind of check then? While I haven't kept all of last year's calendar (I only noticed the aforementioned duplication because it happened to coincide with when I left work, so I still had 20 December onwards on my desk when I returned in January), I have to say that yesterday and today's consecutive conundrums of UNBSTOWED and NUDEBOAST seems awfully familiar as well (you'll see why you'd happen to remember that they were consecutive once you've solved). Do you just recycle the same puzzles each year?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Also one of letters games in February (I think) is wrong...there's 6 vowels and one of the vowels should be an S from memory (I'm at work right now so can't check)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Also one of letters games in February (I think) is wrong...there's 6 vowels and one of the vowels should be an S from memory (I'm at work right now so can't check)
How did you find this out, by travelling into the future?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Also one of letters games in February (I think) is wrong...there's 6 vowels and one of the vowels should be an S from memory (I'm at work right now so can't check)
Is this the SPURIOUS round again?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Maybe...good memory! Haha Jono...I figured if there was a time I was going to use the Countdown calendar for practise it would be before I record so I went through several weeks.