Sean Lock

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Rob Francis

Sean Lock

Post by Rob Francis »

Tom S
Kiloposter

Re: Sean Lock

Post by Tom S »

Incredibly sad news. Thought someone was playing a sick wind-up when I saw the news beforehand. He was great on Catsdown.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Terrible news. Sean Lock was one of my favourite comedians, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, never needing to rely on being mean of vulgar to make people laugh. :(
Philip A
Kiloposter

Post by Philip A »

Shocked and saddened this morning. His deadpan style brought fun and laughter to Catsdown since its inception in 2012. Was a joy cheering him on. RIP Sean
Series 78 Runner-up
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Post by Ryan Lam »

When I saw the news, I was in shock and was numb. Never would we have known his appearance on the show in early-February this year would be his very last to be broadcast in his life. He no doubt gave us a lot of funny moments over the last nine years of Catsdown, perhaps the funniest one of recent times I can recall is the "Carrot In A Box" rematch which made me laughed non-stop until I had to stop the replay for five minutes before I could compose myself and continue recapping the rest of the rounds for that episode.

RIP Sean, you were an excellent Team Captain even if the show was never meant to be taken seriously. Catsdown has lost a truly great player, no one can replace him. As I would like to quote Carol Voderman all those years ago, "the clock stopped too soon". :cry:
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Genuinely gutted about this.
A very funny man.
Will be sorely missed.
I think of him every time I use my squeezy marmite which Sean said the top looks like a tramps arse
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Sorry to hear this.
He seemed like a decent person, and naturally funny.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Really sad news. Quite a shock. Certainly compared to other celebrity deaths for me.

Edit - in the BBC article it says he left 8 out of 10 Cats in 2016 and was replaced by Rob Beckett, but I think it's more that 8 out of 10 Cats was replaced by 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown on Channel 4, but then 8 out of 10 Cats continued as an afterthought on E4 with different team captains.
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm Really sad news. Quite a shock. Certainly compared to other celebrity deaths for me.

Edit - in the BBC article it says he left 8 out of 10 Cats in 2016 and was replaced by Rob Beckett, but I think it's more than 8 out of 10 Cats was replaced by 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown on Channel 4, but then 8 out of 10 Cats continued as an afterthought on E4 with different team captains.
Yeah that’s what I was told when up in Salford recording in 2015, that they wanted to axe 8 out of 10 Cats.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...