Future of this forum

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Future of this forum

Post by Charlie Reams »

Hi folks,

Those of you who've been around since 2013 may remember we collectively pre-paid for the next 5 years of hosting for this site, which worked out very well. That ran out in 2018 (maths), and I've been paying for the site myself since then -- but I'd like to see if we can do another crowd-sourced fundraiser to keep the site afloat and ad-free. My goal is to pre-pay for the next 3 years (which would be £180) so we don't have to do this again any time soon.

If you'd like to contribute, please go to https://www.apterous.org/c4c_donate.php -- I will be very grateful! As an extra incentive anyone who donates can also get a @c4countdown.co.uk email address making you the envy of all your friends.

Thanks!
Charlie
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Future of this forum

Post by Gavin Chipper »

How much of a donation for sanctum access?

But generally yes, I imagine I will make a donation, since I seem to post here more than anyone else.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Seems like the right thing to do!
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Donated!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I hate this place. It's an absolute shit show and I barely post any more. It used to be so awesome. These days I log on with some vague sense of excitement (that dissipates on a daily basis) and then watch that excitement drip away as I click through pages and pages of new posts from people I've never heard of talking about the most goddamn boring drivel ever. Donated!
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Done.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

This is on my list to do, just need to remember while I'm not on my work computer.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Done.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Thank you everyone. We raised quite a bit more than I expected (total amount TBD) so that should cover us for at least another four or five years assuming prices stay the same. Woo!