Copyright Issues

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Noel Mc
Enthusiast

Copyright Issues

Post by Noel Mc »

Some of you are a lot more knowledgeable than me. I know that episodes and stuff have been taken from YouTube.

Making a final assembly video for pupils, which will go on YouTube. Planning on doing a short numbers round, with graphics ripped from the app, then the clock music playing over.

I wouldn't normally think it's be a problem, but just thinking about ZoomDown and them using their own music. Wondering if anyone knows if my video would get blocked?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Copyright Issues

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Don't know but could you just use something that sounds like it?

I presume there is software that big companies use to check for copyright infringement on videos and sound, or they'd have to sit and manually check each video, which they obviously don't do. But would that happen for the Countdown music? Probably not.
Noel Mc
Enthusiast

Post by Noel Mc »

Just went for it in the end. As you say, doubt they'll care too much!

About 12.05 in this video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=npOBkKBjmrM
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Nice.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

That's fantastic.
Paul Anderson
Enthusiast

Post by Paul Anderson »

That's really good Noel! We just didn't want to take the chance of the livestream algorithm foiling our plans, and I had a suitable alternative anyway.