When Countdown episodes run out

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Re: When Countdown episodes run out

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

These wiki trolls really need to try harder. Latest one is claiming they're going to revert back to Old 15s when filming resumes (*rolls eyes*).
I’ve emailed Countdown and they said that the 2 special episodes unshown will not be shown, one of the contestants in the 1st unseen one turned out to be a paedophile. The one from March won’t be shown either due to the references Tom Rowell’s CORONAS episode will be replaced by the Series 67 final. And when eps start filming they will revert to the old 15 round format due to the schedule.
Before I declare this as the nonsense I'm 99.9% sure it is, there is the tiniest 0.1% chance that's true, unless anyone knows any better?
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

**CRINGE REMOVED**
Last edited by Ronan M Higginson on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Ronan, the point is this: how do you know this was Ashton and not someone else? It's not fair on Ashton to assume everyone is him, especially given this one was more "real" than previously.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

Well, let's just put it this way: No one else would waste their time posting rubbish on here, and I'm sure no newbie's first thing would be to post lies.
Maureen Peters

Post by Maureen Peters »

Ronan M Higginson wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:34 pm It's 100% nonsense Rhys. I don't believe more than 3/4 of the stuff that gets posted on the wiki these days. Just wish Ashton would stop. It seems that despite us doing our best to ignore, and give advice, it's just not going to work. He's had his fun, stolen identity, impersonated me and many others, vandalised pages, made up fake "co events", lied, etc. If you're reading Ashton, I'm going to say what is hopefully the final thing I say to you:

I understand full on that you are enthusiastic about countdown and enjoy it. But you stepped over the line immediately and we all became sick of it. You've been given more advice than anyone I know has, you have the potential to do good in the future, please don't have this stop you from doing so. People have wasted so much time on you, and I think you owe them an apology. I also think you owe one to the people you impersonated and insulted.

If you do want to return to here, I won't mind as long as: You act like most of us on here (which is mature), and take a couple of years or so away, I feel as if it helped me and a few others.

Thank you.
(I’ve had to use this one as Martin got blocked)

Thanks for your advice Ronan, the vandalism hasn’t been me. Just because I used to troll the wiki I seem to get blame. I don’t think I can last a couple of years, but I will take about 1 year away. To put it in more logical tears: It was like quitting drinking, smoking etc (not like I’d ever do anything like that i was using it as an example), I stopped then Martin came along (that wasn’t even my idea but I ended up turning out the bad guy). I take it all to heart, I’ll mull on it and come back stronger, I reckon before 2022 this whole “incident” and it’s remains will be all over.

Stay Safe Ronan and I thank you for your advice, however I’m not being clever but please apologise for calling me a c**t.

Ashton
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Well, when the second "replaced" episode is shown, it looks like it's going to be replaced with Rachel's 1000th show.

Also, I've noticed that More4 are also starting show older episodes of Countdown at 6:05pm, starting this coming Monday with this episode from Series 78.

The weird and wonderful way TV works.... :P :P :P
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Any reason why they are starting with this particular episode? Midway through a series, and even midway through a broadcast week!
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Looks like it's Champion of Champions XIV starting tomorrow for the next 3 weeks...

And the More4 shows seem to have vanished too...
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

James Robinson wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:47 pm Looks like it's Champion of Champions XIV starting tomorrow for the next 3 weeks...

Was this on today? Can't find on All 4.
Sam Cappleman-Lynes
Enthusiast

Post by Sam Cappleman-Lynes »

Yes, it was shown at the usual time.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:15 pm
James Robinson wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:47 pm Looks like it's Champion of Champions XIV starting tomorrow for the next 3 weeks...

I similarly cannot access it on All4 at the moment.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Tom S wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:51 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:15 pm

I similarly cannot access it on All4 at the moment.
Cannot get it on All4 today either at the moment. Don't know if other's are in the same boat.....
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Yeah, not working.
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Have you tried channel 4? I have it recorded under the normal regime for daily Countdown!

Presumably that's why there are no spoilers for these games.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 am Have you tried channel 4? I have it recorded under the normal regime for daily Countdown!

You mean just record it off the telly? I haven't done that sort of thing for years! I'm not sure if I'll fit a VHS tape in!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:45 pm
Ian Fitzpatrick wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 am Have you tried channel 4? I have it recorded under the normal regime for daily Countdown!

You mean just record it off the telly? I haven't done that sort of thing for years! I'm not sure if I'll fit a VHS tape in!
There is a thing called a Sky+ box, or whatever people use..., I’ve been doing it for 13 years...😛😛😛
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

James Robinson wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 pm

There is a thing called a Sky+ box, or whatever people use..., I’ve been doing it for 13 years...😛😛😛
Some people like myself live in a household which is not with the times TV-wise and don't have a device which can do that ha :)
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Tom S wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 pm
Some people like myself live in a household which is not with the times TV-wise and don't have a device which can do that ha :)
You have a house but no hard disk attached to your television? I wonder you have ever even seen an edition of Countdown
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 am
Tom S wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 pm
You have a house but no hard disk attached to your television? I wonder you have ever even seen an edition of Countdown
Haha I should clarify - a device which is unable to record programmes :), but we do have an Amazon stick which gives us access to All4 :)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

It looks like they're up now, although weirdly only three of them appear on the All 4 website, while they all appear on the Android phone app.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! ;) :) :D

For those of you who haven’t heard the joyous news, Countdown was back recording this weekend, and the shows will be back on air on Monday 10th August, after both CoC XIV and CoC XV have been shown on screen. :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

The series will run until Christmas, so 2020 is entirely dedicated to Series 82.😎😎😎