Focal Talk podcast Episode 4 out now!

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Focal Talk podcast Episode 4 out now!

Post by Callum Todd »

Episode 4 of the Focal Talk podcast, presented by myself and Paul Anderson, is out now! You can listen to it here.

We have moved to YouTube for this podcast, as we haven't found a free site able to host the podcast. If you would like to download the audio to listen to it offline, you can either use a youtube-to-mp3 converter to rip the audio, or send us an e-mail at focaltalkpodcast@gmail.com and we'll provide you with a download link.

The initial plan for this episode was to speak to George Armstrong about his upcoming events in York and London, then to Thomas Carey about his countdown history. Naturally, the current global situation changed the conversation about George's events. We've also got two special guest interviews at the end with Emily, who gives us the perspective on coronavirus from China, and Dan McColm, who has first-hand experience of CoVid-19.

But, if you're sick of hearing about coronavirus and just want your regular Countdown chat, then use the timestamp links in the description to listen to the latter half of George's interview through to the end of Tom's to hear a full normal episode's length of coronavirus-free Countdown chat.

As usual, any feedback or suggestions are very welcome.

We hope you enjoy listening.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Focal Talk podcast Episode 4 out now!

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I've listened to some of this podcast (not finished yet). The discussion of ratings and their pros and cons came up briefly, so I thought it might be a good idea to link to this discussion here for more context.

Edit - I'm up to date now, but that was a lot of hours of catching up!