RIP Pete Cashmore

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

RIP Pete Cashmore

Post by James Robinson »

Just heard the very sad news that Series 35 champion and CoC IX finalist Pete Cashmore is no longer with us... :( :cry:

I was hoping to meet him for the first time at Birmingham for the FOCAL Finals at the end of last year, until he pulled out late on, but we were messaging each other on Twitter the following day as our teams (Huddersfield and Wolves) were playing.

Such a shame I never got to meet him, but he certainly had lots of friends in journalism, especially based on tributes like this one.

Rest in peace, Pete. :( :( :cry: :cry:
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: RIP Pete Cashmore

Post by Ben Wilson »

Awful news. :'-( I had the pleasure of meeting Pete for the first time (after first communicating by email in something like 2004) at Co:Brum a few years ago and he every bit as cool as I expected him to be. RIP Pete. :(
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: RIP Pete Cashmore

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I'm quite shocked by this, especially as I met him at a CO event fairly recently. He also used to post online back in the olden days. He wasn't old or anything. Does anyone know what happened?

Edit - Found this article